Sonic Electronix

Help with Processor and factory system.

Hello, I am a long time lurker/long time drooler of this sight, LOL. I used to be in the car audio/basshead world back in the early to mid 90's and got out of it when I had kids to raise. Now is the time to get back in. But enough about me, and on to my problem/concern.

I have a 2004 Deville with the non-Bose system, but it does have a factory amplifier, I am keeping the factory radio. I have a RF 360.2 that I am going to use and here is where my concern is. The factory tweeters and front door midrange speakers each have their own channels going to them, which has me thinking they have their own signal. The 360.2 has just front L&R input which is fine, I am going to be running new components with their own crossover (5.25's and tweets), but if I run the factory speaker wire into the 360.2 from the front midrange speakers, will my tweeters still be able to receive the correct signal from the new amp and 360.2? I hope this makes since.

Thanks in advance,

Duke

Are you planning on running all your speakers to the new amp? The factory amp uses a 2 channel signal input from the head unit and from there to the factory amp to the speakers. Are you planning on running all your speakers to the new amp?

I have a RF T400-4 that I will be using for the front and rear, mids and highs, the factory amp will stay intact and hooking up the speaker wires to the 360.2. The car does have a center channel, but I do not know what I am going to do with that speaker just yet. For the subs, I am using 2 SAv2 8's 4th order ported thru the rear deck where the factory sub was hooked up to a RF T1500-1.

Are you planning on running all your speakers to the new amp? The factory amp uses a 2 channel signal input from the head unit and from there to the factory amp to the speakers. Are you planning on running all your speakers to the new amp?

You want to find the input to the factory amp, and use that as your signal source for the 360.2.

Nice!!! I would just run all new wires to the new amp and use the sub as the input to the 360.2

The sub is a dvc so one coil would be your left and the other your right inputs....

Hello, I am a long time lurker/long time drooler of this sight, LOL. I used to be in the car audio/basshead world back in the early to mid 90's and got out of it when I had kids to raise. Now is the time to get back in. But enough about me, and on to my problem/concern.

Welcome to SMD.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

You want to find the input to the factory amp, and use that as your signal source for the 360.2.

The 32 pin connector going into the factory amplifier

Left ch + tan pin 12

Left ch - dark green pin 13

Right ch + light gr/black pin 31

Righ ch - light gr pin 30

So, with the 360.2, all I need is the left and right channels going in and that's it? I don't have to hook up all of the separate L&R front/rear/sub wires into the .2?

Nope, you don't need all the separate inputs assigned. You can output all 8 channels with only a 2 channels input.

Archived