I have been looking online for several days and have been unsuccessful on finding any sort of instructions for creating windows in an enclosure so I now turn to the SMD community to help

I purchased (2) 12 x 12 lexan sheets they are 1/2 thick( no one was willing to send anything longer for a reasonable price at least which should be fine as far as i have seen. the wood i am using for my enclosure is 24mm( about 15/16") it will be (2) 12mm sheets glued together as there isn't anywhere in the area that sells thicker MDF. Back to the question. how would I go about creating the windows? I figure i would have to cut a step in the wood to lay the lexan in. is that right? what kind of glue would work best? I plan on making the enclosure this weekend so any help would be appreciated.

something like this... thanks in advance

windows_zpsce07a3af.png

Check out my build slow but... slow and steady wins the race

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185561-1st-build-budget-toyota-mark-2/

• 5 weeks later...

Here Is a thought, since you will be doubling up just cut your window size minus an inch out of two pieces you will glue together. After that use a 1/2" rabbeting bit on your router to cut a groove 1/4" deep on the two parts of the panel that would face each other. Sandwich the plexi in between the two and seal with pl premium. Glue and clamp the wood.

Archived