jessdabest77 Posted May 20, 2014 Report Posted May 20, 2014 Ok,I was wondering if anyone know's if when building an areo ported box,does 45's in the corner's,and bracing help the box?I'm doing two 15's,sub's and port up,and don't really know much on these port's.I 've done lot's of slot port's and know the 45's help,but what is the best way for round port's?
Cj Kumz Posted May 21, 2014 Report Posted May 21, 2014 The more braced the box is the better. You want your box as solid and stable as possible. I have broken a number of boxes due to lack of bracing just from the power of the sub lol. So even adding 45s will help in bracing too cause the run from top to bottom. And the help with air flow too. Just keep in mind more bracing eats up more space, so don't forget to subtract that from your volume. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
hispls Posted May 21, 2014 Report Posted May 21, 2014 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/98191-spl-gains-updates-page-30-routing-the-port/ No way to tell but to build and test. Rounding corners may or may not help and may or may not hurt. Odds are if you're not chasing 10ths the difference will be inaudible and as has been mentiond it will provide a more solid box.
poorfish88 Posted May 21, 2014 Report Posted May 21, 2014 Brace for sure, 45s hell no, not needed imho. Seen many times 45s no gain or less out the meter. I reccommed Precision Ports they are nice flared ports.
certifiednut Posted May 21, 2014 Report Posted May 21, 2014 Brace for sure, 45s hell no, not needed imho. Seen many times 45s no gain or less out the meter. I reccommed Precision Ports they are nice flared ports. i second this, precision ports look nice too these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.