His box either....lol but it will be closer than his calculator plus before I down loaded torres I use to use it and the calculation wasnt off by that much due to my knowledge of box and port calculation. Maybe like if you wanted it tuned to 32hz you came out with like 33hz

Obviously your knowledge of box and port calculation is about as extensive as the length of your membership here.

Which Best Buy is it you said you worked for??? Because they way you're coming off is just like the little fuckwads that work there and think they know everything because they've been there for six months.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

In order to have a port like that you must have that box tuned real low....like 20 something...just guessing ,but if it works for you then F what everybody else has to say. Check out Re AUDIO website they have a box calculator on there and you dont have to down load nothing. It gives you a cut out sheet for you a box design

I wonder what made you guess at the tuning frequency? With his dimensions he provided and the internal net airspace(if accurate), I come up with around 40 Hz. Slightly lower because of the sharing of the port with the side wall and bottom of the box.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Op, the port is too small. End of story. We don't expect you too have a working knowledge of port theory in one day. Lots of very smart people struggle with it.

Listen to the ones like sierra and kingsuv that are trying to help.

Get some actual MDF, not particle board. Its about 35 - 40 buck a sheet and weighs about 90lbs.

Start over and get a design from someone who knows what they are doing.

Calculators etc are just helpful to visualize for newer people . Its not hard just take your time and play with the numbers, plan it out Etc.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

I just want to start off by saying I know it's not the right type of MDF, I bought this on purpose to just screw around, they didn't have any Birch or good shit, just this simple PB (Thanks Lowes).

And who died and made you an expert dirty...I mean clean......you damn saltine

20 posts into this forum and you're basically arguing that some of the most intelligent people here don't know what they're saying? Getting off to a real bad start there.... Look at that port in reference to the size of the box, if you think that it's the right size go ahead and smack yourself in the back of the head. OP says it's 2x4" (doesn't actually even look 2" wide, maybe 2" to the outside edge not the inside of the MDF).... Either way, the port is entirely too small for it.

The port IS 2" from inside, like I stated before maybe I used the dimensions in the wrong sections of the calculator by mistake.

Fuck a box calculator! I cut wood and screw that shit together. Then I throw power at it until it gets loud. Calculators are for people who just don't know and if you didn't know now you know.

Seriously though it was only particle board. A sheet of that costs what $15? Its a good way to fuck a couple boxes up and then start listening to people who are trying to help you based off years of experience. You would have been better off throwing a round port in the box instead of that glorified leak that was put there. Tell the truth you just fucked the face up when you were cutting and this is how you tried to fix it.

Sorry, just fucking with you I haven't slept all night :P

HAHA you are VERY correct with why I bought this wood, it's inexpensive and great for me to fuck up and not have spent $200 on wood, now to your next statement, I didn't fuck the face up and try to fix it, I cut it like that for a reason lol.

In order to have a port like that you must have that box tuned real low....like 20 something...just guessing ,but if it works for you then F what everybody else has to say. Check out Re AUDIO website they have a box calculator on there and you dont have to down load nothing. It gives you a cut out sheet for you a box design

I wonder what made you guess at the tuning frequency? With his dimensions he provided and the internal net airspace(if accurate), I come up with around 40 Hz. Slightly lower because of the sharing of the port with the side wall and bottom of the box.

Just because of the little section of your reply "Slightly lower because of the sharing of the port with the side wall and bottom of the box." you are deemed as the most helpful yet in my thread, thanks bunches brother, little things like that will help me in the future when I decide to truly build a box. By the way, what should I have done instead of sharing the side and bottom?

believe half of what you see and none of what you hear lol.

2003 Ford Taurus SEL

JVC KD-R520

4 JL ZR-525CSI 5.25 Mids

4 JL ZR100-CT Highs

1 18" RE Sx Dual 4 ohm wired parallel to 2 ohms

1 Kicker CX1200.1 (Bass)

1 DD S4B (Mids)

2 Optima Yellow Tops

200a Alt.

I just want to start off by saying I know it's not the right type of MDF, I bought this on purpose to just screw around, they didn't have any Birch or good shit, just this simple PB (Thanks Lowes).

And who died and made you an expert dirty...I mean clean......you damn saltine

20 posts into this forum and you're basically arguing that some of the most intelligent people here don't know what they're saying? Getting off to a real bad start there.... Look at that port in reference to the size of the box, if you think that it's the right size go ahead and smack yourself in the back of the head. OP says it's 2x4" (doesn't actually even look 2" wide, maybe 2" to the outside edge not the inside of the MDF).... Either way, the port is entirely too small for it.

The port IS 2" from inside, like I stated before maybe I used the dimensions in the wrong sections of the calculator by mistake.

Fuck a box calculator! I cut wood and screw that shit together. Then I throw power at it until it gets loud. Calculators are for people who just don't know and if you didn't know now you know.

Seriously though it was only particle board. A sheet of that costs what $15? Its a good way to fuck a couple boxes up and then start listening to people who are trying to help you based off years of experience. You would have been better off throwing a round port in the box instead of that glorified leak that was put there. Tell the truth you just fucked the face up when you were cutting and this is how you tried to fix it.

Sorry, just fucking with you I haven't slept all night :P

HAHA you are VERY correct with why I bought this wood, it's inexpensive and great for me to fuck up and not have spent $200 on wood, now to your next statement, I didn't fuck the face up and try to fix it, I cut it like that for a reason lol.

Just because of the little section of your reply "Slightly lower because of the sharing of the port with the side wall and bottom of the box." you are deemed as the most helpful yet in my thread, thanks bunches brother, little things like that will help me in the future when I decide to truly build a box. By the way, what should I have done instead of sharing the side and bottom?

Absolutely nothing wrong with sharing walls, but usually a side port like what you attempted would extend the whole height of the face of the box. Check some of the examples on the forums.

Ahh, I see, thanks REH. :)

believe half of what you see and none of what you hear lol.

2003 Ford Taurus SEL

JVC KD-R520

4 JL ZR-525CSI 5.25 Mids

4 JL ZR100-CT Highs

1 18" RE Sx Dual 4 ohm wired parallel to 2 ohms

1 Kicker CX1200.1 (Bass)

1 DD S4B (Mids)

2 Optima Yellow Tops

200a Alt.

keep trying, this one is clearly wrong but it takes time to learn all the rules. look into port area and download the torres calculator. For some good info I'd recommend buying a design from someone like ramdesigns or asking for help here on the forum for a design. study the design you get for a little understanding.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

10+ people say it's wrong but you go with the 1 guy who says your box is fine LOL

You misunderstood the re calculator plans,

the port height on that calculator is always 1.5inches less than the external height that the user inputs [depending on wood thickness]

That calculator would never tell you to make the port that short on the height dimension.

Infact that calculator is so basic, you cannot manipulate the port height dimensions without changing the external height

awful box design program

If I were you

I would make a thread in the enclosures section asking how the members would design a box for your specific sub

Then compare the answers you get to your design

I bet there is already a box design for your sub on the internets somewhere

If I knew which re model sub you have I would look for you

I said earlier your sub is gonna blow....

Part failure is inevitbale over time when the product is abused and used improperly

Archived