Blindness... Color.... My thoughts for the day

How are mirrors real, if out eyes aren't real?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I think a blind person could know colors if they were taught to associate them with feelings and emotions.

where to start.... in order to associate one thing with another both must be present at the instant of binding. which in short means that one must know both color and emotion to associate one with another. Considering a blind person (from birth), that has never been able to see a color, does not know color they can never associate a color with an emotion because color is a non-existent thing. They could however associate the word. Red=Mad Yellow=Happy but there is no guarantee, or even inkling, that they could ever imagine a color regardless of its association with emotion.

Color is purely and exactly a sight related phenomenon. If your eyes do not work then the area is your brain related to sight does not work.

HOWEVER, (curveball from hell here) in the case of phantom limb syndrome it has been seen that an unused part of the brain will become inhabited by some other working part of the body. One case I can recall involved a person who lost their forearm and hand. They found that a stroke down on the left cheek caused a feeling of wetness in the phantom limb. A poke would make it feel another way and touching different areas corresponded to different parts of the phantom.

With this in mind I believe it is possible for blind people to experience "phantom sight", although this would only apply to those that once had sight and lost it. Those that never had sight presumably never developed it in utero and the corresponding brain area was simply inhabited by other senses and brain functions or remains as dead tissue within the brain.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

It's kind of like trying to tell someone who lives in a 2D world what a 3D world is like.

Or like how we can't imagine the 4th dimension.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

If you get the chance watch flatland. It explains that very well

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s