Well I got some sound deadner in it now even tho it doesnt help. My soft doors block no noise whatsoever. Im really wanting to upgrade some more. Im trying decide going what way I want to do my front stage.

My choices a nice 3 way set up 6.5 on the floor either in the kick or in the rocker panel with the 4 in the dash and tweeter on the top of the dash in a jk tweeter pod with a neo magnet holding it in place.

A pro audio set up 6.5s in the kick and rocker panel some nice tweets in the dash.

Or do a nice 5.25 component set up front keep it out of the dash. I hate the way the speakers sound from there. They fire at the floor and are free airing.

If anyone has any tips or any suggestions im all openfor it.

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

• 2 weeks later...

Tuned in for a offroad based build. Watched meade's rzr, needs some ideas if I ever decide to build my trailrig/mudtruck/big POS like I want to.

Keep up the good work.

Good 5.25 set, JBL MS-52c. LOVE how mine sound. Nice accurate sound without a super harsh tweeter. Fairly warm midbass for what it is.

If you are very experienced with fiberglassing, you could try doing a set of pillars with tweeters in the pillars, both sides, along with pillar pod gauges on the driver side.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I finally got my shocks and new front bumper. New springs sway bar ends and track bar will be here in 15 to 20 business days. We are taking another wheeling trip tomorrow ill be sure to get some pictures up!

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

I had an 08 wrangler with bushwhacker flats on 35's. I built my sub box downfiring with the amp hidden underneath, ported out the side. It sounded great, and offered some protection to my equipment.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright I got some pictures to spread.

This is from our first wheeling trip before we busted the radiator in the punisher jeep

IMG_20140716_101150_zpszt0pvggu.jpg

Next I got my bumper and new shocks. I was unsatisfied that I couldnt get my bilstens but Im dealing with pro comps most expensive monotube for now.IMG_20140719_220344_zpsqajekpk1.jpg

This is some pictures from our last trip. I was unsatisfied at this point. Way too much water for my taste. IMG_108531753112352_zps5d0jz5hp.jpegIMG_108496941222705_zpssesdpsr3.jpegIMG_108515827300584_zpsvyklcvwy.jpeg

IMG_108503858489550_zpsms1hjsuo.jpeg

Lastly is my latest update I put the rest of ky sound deadener down and I finally got my bed liner in. I decided to use monstaliner I used it in my previous jeep and loved it.

Unfortunately the humidity and heat absolutely rushed me. It was 102 degrees in my shop not including the humidity. After mixing the catalyst you usually have a 6 to 10 hour pot life. Well after two and half coats in 4 hours my pot turned hard. It still turned out okay.

2014-08-23_15.22.06_zpsr930nkdg.jpg

Its been such a struggle for me to even tackle an audio build with this.

Ive thought about a rear seat box. Unfortunately it will not happen due my new gas tank im building at work to put behind the back seat. This may be as far as I get into an audio build with this vehicle.

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

Archived