wire size for sounqubed hds15?

Would the NVX XKIT02 work with my AQ-1200 amp?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_m725_i142_nvx-0-2-gauge-amp-kits.html

I notice the description says 2 channel.. Not sure what that means. Sorry for all the noob questions. Believe it or not though Ive actually learned some stuff the past week lol.

If you're going to order one of the nvx kits I would get the NVX XAPK1D seeing as it comes with the distribution blocks and the 4ga as well that you will need for the amp anyways. Plus it would allow you to easily add a 4 channel amp in the future.

Im not going to be adding anything in the near future. 1 15 is plenty for me. Your comment kind of confused me. Do I need distribution blocks If I am just running one amp and sub?

You will need some thing to step the wire down as the amp you're buying only accepts 4 gauge power and ground. You can either do that by buying 1/0 to 4 gauge reducers which would be an added expense or use a distribution block which takes 1/0 in and has multiple 4 gauge out locations. If it was me since the other kit is the same price that's what I would do. Also when I reffered to adding a 4 channel I meant to run your mids and highs not more subs and trust me this stuff is addicting you will want to go bigger and better just like the rest of us do at some point.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Would the NVX XKIT02 work with my AQ-1200 amp?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_m725_i142_nvx-0-2-gauge-amp-kits.html

I notice the description says 2 channel.. Not sure what that means. Sorry for all the noob questions. Believe it or not though Ive actually learned some stuff the past week lol.

If you're going to order one of the nvx kits I would get the NVX XAPK1D seeing as it comes with the distribution blocks and the 4ga as well that you will need for the amp anyways. Plus it would allow you to easily add a 4 channel amp in the future.
Im not going to be adding anything in the near future. 1 15 is plenty for me. Your comment kind of confused me. Do I need distribution blocks If I am just running one amp and sub?
You will need some thing to step the wire down as the amp you're buying only accepts 4 gauge power and ground. You can either do that by buying 1/0 to 4 gauge reducers which would be an added expense or use a distribution block which takes 1/0 in and has multiple 4 gauge out locations. If it was me since the other kit is the same price that's what I would do. Also when I reffered to adding a 4 channel I meant to run your mids and highs not more subs and trust me this stuff is addicting you will want to go bigger and better just like the rest of us do at some point.

Could I just get a 4 gauge kit and skip all that then?

You would likely pay around the same price I would just get the 1/0 kit now and then if you ever change your mind and want to upgrade you can. Always better to run bigger wire anyways.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Judging by your posts I don't think you will be doing too much upgrading so IMO you will be perfectly fine buying a 4 gauge kit. I'd recommend an ofc kit but cca will be fine too.

Say no to cca. :)

OFC 4 guage is made to handle 150A (in a car environment), CCA 4 guage can only handle 120A(that's pushing it, if you are in a hot area, I wouldn't advice CCA).

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Well I emailed soundqubed the same time I posted this thread. They told me not to go bigger than 4 gauge for the AQ1200 Ended up getting a rockford fosgate kit. Also got a NVX big 3 wire kit. $150 for both. Not bad.

Order some 1/0 to 4/0 reducers...

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Well I emailed soundqubed the same time I posted this thread. They told me not to go bigger than 4 gauge for the AQ1200 Ended up getting a rockford fosgate kit. Also got a NVX big 3 wire kit. $150 for both. Not bad.

RF wiring kit is a good one. :)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Judging by your posts I don't think you will be doing too much upgrading so IMO you will be perfectly fine buying a 4 gauge kit. I'd recommend an ofc kit but cca will be fine too.

Say no to cca. :)

OFC 4 guage is made to handle 150A (in a car environment), CCA 4 guage can only handle 120A(that's pushing it, if you are in a hot area, I wouldn't advice CCA).

Ok, I agree, that's why I said I would recommend ofc

Archived