timc31610 Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 I used 1.5 white ash and purpleheart for mine. We need bigger pics of that box! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/?tab=images check them out here That is craftmanship! My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Soccerballzs Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 I used 1.5 white ash and We need bigger pics of that box!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/?tab=images check them out here No nails or screws all lemon splined together. That is craftmanship! I used 1.5 white ash and purpleheart for mine. We need bigger pics of that box!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/?tab=images check them out here That is craftmanship! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
Karkov Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 Best wood? Morning 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
truthsayer Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 If you are a carpenter and master craftsman, then you will understand the following statement. Use Teak wood, strong, lightweight and weather resistant. There is a reason that Teak is the wood used on boats. truthsayer
Soccerballzs Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 Teak is very oily wood that is how it withstands weather and sea. It is hard to glue up with regular glue from HD. You need special glue for oily woods. Send it my way I will build you a piece of furniture for your car! I don't build sub boxes I build Subwoofer Furniture! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
timc31610 Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 And where can I get a 4'x8'x3/4" piece of teak? lol. I do have several large pieces of mahogany and some walnut. Leftover from my dad's cabinet shop years ago. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Soccerballzs Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 Try Woodworkers Supply. Columbus Wood Products has it also. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.