crotonevans Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 build a box mdf oak plywood of aspen birch whats the best to use a new box for
CleanSierra Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 MDF. That's all you need to know. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Joshoe Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 +1 On MDF. Cheaper and easier to manipulate if your going to kerf or even route edges. That is especially important for the edges of the port walls! If you did not have MDF i'd recommend birch. But still.. Just use MDF and don't look back.
kirill007 Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 Best wood for what goal? Low weight? Strongest? Easy to route? The least dusty? Easy to paint? Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
TRON Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 I third the MDF Easiest material work work with. Avalanche Alpine Type S comps Alpine Type S 10'' Alpine MPR-F300 Alpine MRX-M50 Mechamn 270 XS Power d3400s
crotonevans Posted May 30, 2014 Author Report Posted May 30, 2014 no goal in mind I have a full line of tools I am a master carpenter and furniture builder just wondering what the thought was,i had seen a few post using different wood ill stick to mdf for my first box
Soccerballzs Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 I used 1.5 white ash and purpleheart for mine. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
Slinky Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 It depends on what your goals are. Im doing a wall build in a Hyundai Veloster and weight is definitely an issue. I ended up going with birch because its much lighter than mdf and from what I can tell, it's stronger. DD M4 Rockford Fosgate P500-4 SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap 2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S XS Power D3400 Under Hood XS Power D5100 in rear Michael Singer 200A Alt Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/
evermaxx Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 I use 11 ply birch. Light, strong, and easier to clean up. Mdf dust is the worst. Team Subsonic Lows Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch Man....it makes a nice work bench
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.