Not a big update.....I got sick on sunday and felt like shit all week. Still went to work (idk why, I should have just called out). But felt better to get back in the garage tonight....

Good enough to cut the tabs off....

jjuwt3.jpg

24ndvo6.jpg

esn3pl.jpg

So I discovered the xmas tree clips I was planning on using weren't gonna work. The tabs I glassed onto the bumper were too far away from the tabs on the lense. I also tried 3 different kinds of clips and couldn't find any long enough to reach. So instead I ground down the sections and will re-glass the tabs much closer to the covers so they will be about 3/16" away from each other. More than enough room for the clips to go in and hold. Hopefully this is the last thing I have to do before it's sanding and filler time.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Love the progress man, you gna make the Laconia show this weekend? I'll be there Sunday for the comp.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Love the progress man, you gna make the Laconia show this weekend? I'll be there Sunday for the comp.

Thanks man. Probably not though....Would be nice to get outta here, but I gotta get the glass done on this thing. Sick of it taking up the garage, especially when I wanna do a little welding for some other pieces. Don't wanna burn the place down. Good luck up there though!

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

new tabs came out nice. Last round of glass tonight. Bunch of sanding tomorrow. And possibly 1st round of duraglas.

2d9ry9e.jpg

mtqbd4.jpg

v3zlaq.jpg

2uxw7pt.jpg

my clip idea failed. I cut slots for the clips in the lense covers. First pushing them in was fine.....getting them back out was a problem. They were too tight; hole was a little small so I widened it a little but they were still holding too tight. Also, the hole I drilled for them was almost too big, so they were close to not holding anyway. It seemed it was too tight vs. about to fall out.

As if that wasn't bad enough, the clip holder ripped out of the lense cover....So I got pissed.

Spent the rest of the day trying to figure out how I can keep these in without drilling through them (believe me, I was ready to)

Then I tried an idea I excused a long time ago....figured it just wouldn't work.....

jj7i87.jpg

23lh4t0.jpg

200r2hd.jpg

yeah, they hold good as fuck. And it only took 45 minutes to put them all in. Just in case though, I'm gonna tether the covers to the bumper. Don't want to hit a giant pothole and lose one on the highway.

1z3tj0l.jpg

So here she is, before sanding to death, duraglas, sanding, rage, sanding, and sanding....

zwdufp.jpg

Nice! That bumper is gonna look sick on the Lude. Are you keeping the big mouth open or are you putting some type of grille or mesh in there?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Nice! That bumper is gonna look sick on the Lude. Are you keeping the big mouth open or are you putting some type of grille or mesh in there?

I'm gonna put some black mesh in the back of it, just to keep big stuff out of my radiator. I hope it's far back enough so you don't notice it though.

• 3 weeks later...

taking a little break from the bumper....for at least the beginning of the week. Making it a mission to install a bunch of stuff since the weather is gonna be like mid 70s all week. Did the radio and new RCAs tonight....

29di9hf.jpg

pucr8.jpg

2m82tmp.jpg

15edzc1.jpg

all the wires I took out so far....there's more that's coming out.

iwltf5.jpg

planning on doing a temporary amp rack and temp. speaker mounts to get some imaging done. This radio is capable of a lot more shit than I'm used to so I want to learn to play with it.

More stuff definitely coming... :good:

Gna make it to the show this weekend? Its in rockingham I think.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Gna make it to the show this weekend? Its in rockingham I think.

haha I'll see man. If I can get this thing at least playing, I'll get over there...it's so close, it's kind of stupid if I don't go.

UPDATE FOR TONIGHT!

battery tie-down.....

mtnz8g.jpg

2cmsmcn.jpg

2cfzux.jpg

2wh2tee.jpg

r1hp5e.jpg

es7x3b.jpg

2q3299s.jpg

not completely done with it yet. still have to drill the holes to tie it down and throw some paint on it, but the hard part is done.

Archived