speakers in doors are considered infinite baffle?

JEFFYBOI

So im about to do custom door panels and im wanting the best results for mid bass. So I been researching about door panels looking up sealed or ported but what im reading is they are saying its considered a infinite baffle? So does anyone have more info about this? I want the best results for midbass and from what I read is they say you want the back completely sealed You do not want any of the rear wave coming into contact with the front wave. You want the door 100% sealed doors. Anything you let leak through will muddy the sound. Is this true? Here is my specs on what I got.

Product Specifications

Nominal Diameter8"

Power Handling (RMS)80 Watts

Power Handling (max)160 Watts

Impedance4 ohms

Frequency Response31 to 2,500 Hz

Sensitivity85.9 dB 1W/1m

Voice Coil Diameter1.5"

Thiele-Small Parameters

Resonant Frequency (Fs)31 Hz

DC Resistance (Re)3.2 ohms

Voice Coil Inductance (Le)1.16 mH

Mechanical Q (Qms)3.1

Electromagnetic Q (Qes)0.45

Total Q (Qts)0.39

Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas)1.35 ft.³

Mechanical Compliance of Suspension (Cms)0.62 mm/N

BL Product (BL)7.7 Tm

Diaphragm Mass Inc. Airload (Mms)42.4g

Maximum Linear Excursion (Xmax)6 mm

Surface Area of Cone (Sd)208.7 cm²

Materials of Construction

Cone MaterialCoated Paper

Surround MaterialRubber

Voice Coil Wire MaterialCopper

Voice Coil FormerAluminum

Basket / Frame MaterialSteel

Magnet MaterialFerrite

Mounting Information

Overall Outside Diameter8.5"

Baffle Cutout Diameter7.09"

Depth3.74"

# Mounting Holes5

Optimum Cabinet Size (determined using BassBox 6 Pro High Fidelity suggestion)

Sealed Volume0.33 ft.³

Sealed F368 Hz

Vented Volume0.95 ft.³

Vented F338 Hz

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

my guess is most door applications are closer to free air than they are infinite baffle.

Hmmm when I think free air, I think of a sub sitting out in the open for testing purposes. All I know is I want to keep the rear waves and the front waves from meeting or its like its out of phase and its getting cancelled out

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

So im guessing my fleece and fiberglass is whats going to keep it sealed between the rear and front waves? Whats about inside the door panel and air leaking? am I losing sound?

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

I was saying most peoples doors are closer to free air than they are infinite baffle and I was assuming most people put speakers into factory locations. There are tons of holes in the door and my guess was it effectively just becomes free air.

That being said, it usually isn't very difficult to seal off the door well enough with deadener to get decent midbass response.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

It depends on the driver. If the driver wants a small sealed box for example, then to the driver yes it will be infinite baffle. If the driver will do well in a larger (for it's size) ported or sealed box, then the driver may see it as a large box.

As mentioned if you don't seal the door, then it's basically free air.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

It depends on the driver. If the driver wants a small sealed box for example, then to the driver yes it will be infinite baffle. If the driver will do well in a larger (for it's size) ported or sealed box, then the driver may see it as a large box.

As mentioned if you don't seal the door, then it's basically free air.

This driver is saying

Sealed Volume0.33 ft.³

Sealed F368 Hz

Vented Volume0.95 ft.³

Vented F338 Hz

I would say that's fairly small. So i think best results for this driver would be to seal the door the best i can? I dont think any speaker really performs well in free air... Atleast for a bass response.

I was saying most peoples doors are closer to free air than they are infinite baffle and I was assuming most people put speakers into factory locations. There are tons of holes in the door and my guess was it effectively just becomes free air.

That being said, it usually isn't very difficult to seal off the door well enough with deadener to get decent midbass response.

Ok i understand what your saying now. I think im going to seal it off the best i can all the way around, inside and out of the door panel. Sounds like for best midbass response thats the way to go

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

This driver is saying

Sealed Volume0.33 ft.³

Sealed F368 Hz

Vented Volume0.95 ft.³

Vented F338 Hz

I would say that's fairly small. So i think best results for this driver would be to seal the door the best i can? I dont think any speaker really performs well in free air... Atleast for a bass response.

This driver looks like it is not made for use in a door. Most doors are well over 1 cu ft.

This driver is saying

Sealed Volume0.33 ft.³

Sealed F368 Hz

Vented Volume0.95 ft.³

Vented F338 Hz

This driver looks like it is not made for use in a door. Most doors are well over 1 cu ft.

I wont be using the whole door. I am sealing off the back of the panel and then wrapping the front with my fleece and then fiberglassing and ect. Im guessing its gonna be .5 cu or less. Behind the panel itself is pretty much useless space, to much mounting brackets and ect. I plan to have it sealed between the door and the panel itself. The panel is basically my enclosure. Take the door out of the equation basically.

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Archived