Second Skin Audio

American Bass DX15 Box Help

Hey guys, I just picked up an AB DX15 for my GF's son and was wondering if anyone had a clue what size box these subs like. Available space is 24"D x 40"W x 24"H going in the back of a 99 Dodge pickup extended cab. He will be powering it with an Alpine MRP-M500 which will only give it 250 watts. I'm looking for loudest possible with decent range. I would guess sub/port up would be our best option as far as placement goes. Thanks for any and all suggestions!

I know it's a miniscule build compared to most but will be his first!

I emailed American Bass and there are no help. I was able to get the ts specs from their website but when I input it into winisd it gives me an error saying missing parameters. WinisdError_zpsdeb5b7b1.jpg I have tried numerous times and can't figure it out.

Here are the specs:

Impedence (Ohm) 4

Rdc (Ohm) 3.5

Levc mH 3.783

Fo Hz 30.4

Sd msqM 76.45

BL TM 16.295

Qms 4.764

Qes 0.635

Qts 0.56

n% 0.375

SPL dB 89.8

Vas L 89.6

Cms uM/N 105.6

Mms g 259.6

VC Inch 2.5

Mgnt oz 120

Xmax ±MM 15

RMS 500W

MAX 1000W

F.Range Hz <500

Mounting Depth

MM 228

Inch 9

SPK DISP. L 6.824

Thanks again for the help!

I would say 2.5net 12 sq.inches of port per cube @ 35hz 500rms. Or 3 cubes with 12sq.inch per cube at 250rms. 4 cubes with 50sq inches of port is probably wayyyy to much for that sub judging by the weak motor force and lack of mechanical excursion.

Thanks guys, Joe I thought Winisd was ok for modeling in a car environment. If not is there a better way?

Slowfkncar, thanks man, Ill go between the two recommendations since he will be starting at 250 and moving up to 500 eventually.

Archived