Sundown Audio

Real world amp tests

Afficionado

who ever defends the budget deal is full of crap.. yes you can buy 2 maybe even 3 amps to get same power.. the questions are, will they be efficient? will they sound good? is it clean power? will the last a long time?

ive bought many budget amps and they fail after a year or dont sound as good as good quality amps.. then i have to go on and buy another budget amp. do the math.. $300 x 5 = $1500.. how long has Steve ran his without an issue? sometimes its more expensive to go the cheaper rout

Where's the t1500.1bdcp results? Waiting on that to be done

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I got.my SQ2200 clamped @ 1ohm with impedance rise up to 3.1ohm got 1428..

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

It's not on a dyno or anything,I just got clamped at a competition I was at. Im not sure when my HU clips but had volume 35/50 and that's where my Clip light on my amp starts to flicker. Did a 145.8 @ 45hz on 1428watts..

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

Where's the t1500.1bdcp results? Waiting on that to be done

I don't have a T1500, so there won't be any results for that in the near future. Based on my T2500, i expect the t1500 will do well over rated.

and to everyone else, SORRY! Hiked a mountain today with some friends. It was a great time, a great experience, and beautiful...but i know you guys don't care anything about that...

So onto the results!

The absolute BEST we could get out of this amp on a burp @ 1.3 ohms was 2157 and that was starting at 15.1 volts.

On any non-burps we couldn't get above 1900.

when rolling the volume up the best was 1863.

Maybe a clean 1.0 ohms would help it.

I'm going to keep my opinion to myself and let you guys discuss.

Also feel free to ask me any questions.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Archived