Sonic Electronix

New system burnt coil already!?

No i havent actually my dmm is with my brother.. you think its the tinsel leads that caused it? Yea i know but i thought i could run a short test just wanted to give myself a small demo still have batteries in order just didnt know this would/could even happen especially as fast as it did.

From what I have seen, it doesn't matter how much power in wattage you give a sub. If It is a clipped signal, regardless of how many watts, it can fry a sub from the heat. Insane clipping and super low voltage can create a great deal of heat.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Well I'm wondering if you actually burnt it to the point of failure or if the coils got real hot and started smoking, but didn't "blow".

Well the coils are "crispy" cracking alittle and i can scratch off small pieces from its surface..

yeah that bitch is fried lol. Plus the amp going into protect when this happened just adds onto it.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I would stop with buying a sub and buy two batteries for that amp at least.cause you will destroy that as well.now as for burning up a woofer of FI is tuff.I tortured the shit out of my mayhems and couldn't get them to smoke.

Yea i got 2 xs group 31s coming in.. yea your right but i blew that coil like it was nothing really was actually trying to be careful i wasnt trying to abuse it in anyway and like i said i believe it was actually a defect in the coil but whatever its not like FI would take the blame anyway.

Archived