Sonic Electronix

New system burnt coil already!?

Yea i know and understand that it was my fault not gonna say anything about FI im about to make an order for a recone but a rep told me that even with good electrical my sp4 wont handle the saz5k on .5 ohms so im thinking about switching to a dual 2 ohm recone so i can try to run on 1 ohm of course i would do that once my electrical is up.. on my HU im using the stock radio on my car the 2012 Chrysler 300 im not about to switch that since its a 8.4 inch touch screen just using a high/low impedence adapter to connect rca cables (cables are dual twist Rockford fosgate)

Ah yes, so the internal amp clipped as well as the sundown. Sorry that happened man. I hate expensive lessons like that. Most of us have some something like that.

I wanted to blow a speaker once so I hooked it up to my dad's big-a sansui (I think, maybe klipsch) and blew the amp. The transformer melted. 1500 dollar amp. So I decided to learn all I could and figure out how to blow that stupid speaker anyway. Wall socket, smoked the speaker, tripped a breaker while dad was installing an operating system which killed the hard drive. Damn off brand 5 inch sub about got me killed.

Long ass thread about a blown sub! I hope you have learned that a minute or two can cost alot. Luckly you didnt hurt the amp. You have a good chunk of change into the sub & amp now.... But to run it right you need to drop alot more on a HO Alt, batteries, 0 gauge wiring and alot more time. 2 months is just a start and you have already gone backwards. Most of us have been building there systems for yrs.

Listen to the solid advise on here and good luck to you.

Yea loong thread lol.. but i havent found anothe with so much detail about low voltage drops hopefully other of my fellow newbs find this helpful. Im kindof hoping if i upgrade primary battery and add 2 d3100s my 180a alternator can hold them up gonna buy a intellicharger also. Only big problem ive ran into is for big 3 cause my alternator is up front but my primary battery is i the trunk. Already has 2 gauge wire tho.

Yea loong thread lol.. but i havent found anothe with so much detail about low voltage drops hopefully other of my fellow newbs find this helpful. Im kindof hoping if i upgrade primary battery and add 2 d3100s my 180a alternator can hold them up gonna buy a intellicharger also. Only big problem ive ran into is for big 3 cause my alternator is up front but my primary battery is i the trunk. Already has 2 gauge wire tho.

like i said, again....

i play into the 10's after 2-3 hours of demoing.

And when i see that,... i just keep going. :shrug:

EDIT- my coils, and leads have been fine,.. going on 2 years now... :shrug:

Archived