Sonic Electronix

Been away from car audio far to long

Looking at needing/wanting 2K at either 2 ohms or .5 ohm. I'm not familiar with amplifiers that can operate at under 1 ohm loads, but I'm sure others on here can ramble of plenty. However, I'm not too sure there are many amplifiers that produce but a mere 2K at .5 ohm.

Whats the budget for said amplifier?

Then again, those Monsters are SQ subs, they're strictly SPL, so who's to say just how much sonic accuracy would be lost running at .5 ohm. Though I still stand by my statement of there not likely to me many .5 ohm stable amplifiers one would recommend that produce but a mere 2K. It's more likely one would find amplifiers that are 2K @ 2 ohms, wait, what am I saying, I know of a few right off the top of my head, but budget still hasn't been specified.

im not a 100 percent on budget im just tossing ideas around in my head. not saying im going the mmats route just stated my buddy just became a dealer for them. i was just trying to see if there is a huge difference in a sq sub and a spl sub or if its more in tuning of the box and that nature.

Well I've been away from car audio atleast 2 to 3 years.

Welcome back to Car Audio !!! Old Schooler Linear power guy here ...

I have been out of the game since the late 90's. Back then I ran strokers and Shocker subs were popular, DD had just began to open up shop. To me a SQ sub is in a sealed box with low power.

I'm more of a flat response ported and tuned guy myself ... However, I do enjoy the great sound of a well built sealed sub stage ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

If u are looking to go sq then u go for subs like focal or jl audio a lot of the mainstream brands are sq subs. A lot of people get confused on sq and spl subs. For instance the jl w7. Everyone thinks its a loud sub or ment to be loud. When in fact it is a sub designed for sq. a lot of sq products are going to be more expensive because it takes a lot more work to make something accurately produce sounds vs making something loud. Just my 2 cents. Car audio installer for 3 years. We sold brands like jl audio and focal.

I always thought the W6 was the closest thing to an SPL sub that JL makes.

I have some mainstream brand subs geared more so for SQ than SPL, though I'm not so sure I'd even classify them as truly being SQ subs.

Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1

Infinity Reference 1260w

Boston Acoustics G310-4

Polk MM1240D

Polk MM1540

Polk DXi104

Anyways, if SQ is your goal, seems a T-Line enclosure could well be the route to go, if you have the room and ability to build the enclosure. I heard mention of them a couple times before joining this forum then just recently a thread was made speaking of them and so I opted to hear a little more about them, not having really heard too much of them in the past. Seems they are truly for those seeking SQ.

Here's the thread, it may peak your interest.

Archived