Jump to content

Why is the Focal Utopia Be 8" sub 1200 dollars?


Recommended Posts

Posted

beacause it can take 250 rms!

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Posted

Why were the Thesis line of Audison speakers over $10K a pair?

Technology and materials used, cost of owning the brand, etc etc.

Posted

Because it is one of the best speakers out there for car audio sound quality.

10% higher quality can be worth 50% more in cost.

When you get your quality up above most of the other speakers you can start charging whatever you want.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

Oh, I was answering the OP i didn't even see your post

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

I bet if most of us were blindfolded we wouldn't be able to differentiate between $1000 speakers and $100 speakers. Sound is subjective anyway. What sounds good to you might not sound good to me.

I've heard $10,000 home theatre speakers. For me, the "budget" speakers always sound good enough. People always equate expense to quality, but that's just like their opinion man.

Posted

It's largely a status symbol. It's like owning a $100K Mercedes when a $20K Honda ultimately gets you the same end result of going from A to B.

Or maybe I should say it's like a Hayabus powered smart car and a McLaren P1.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4826 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...