Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

What you think if this speaker enclosure?


luism1983

Recommended Posts

Posted

image.jpg

Is the same width as this box so I can make some smaller boxes on the side and connect them to the main box for a little more airspace

audio fanatic

Posted

OP if you don't want an external port, this is the sort of layout you can do:

4x8SUPB_zps0be6c9ec.jpg

Or even this:

4x8SFPF_zps7511fe57.jpg

Posted

OP if you don't want an external port, this is the sort of layout you can do:

4x8SUPB_zps0be6c9ec.jpg

Or even this:

4x8SFPF_zps7511fe57.jpg

Those are some nice designs , I went small due to limited space room for groceries got 3 kids, I am gonna go ahead and finish as it is now if I don't like the way it fits or sounds, I am just gonna go with 2 subs 1 amp

audio fanatic

Posted

Reverse mount all 4 subs and you would be tuned to 36Hz (more adequate for daily use), furthermore, you could tweak the port to either tune lower or reduce it's size. You could even build a chamber below the box to create a labyrinth port there (that would take some work though).

Posted

Reverse mount all 4 subs and you would be tuned to 36Hz (more adequate for daily use), furthermore, you could tweak the port to either tune lower or reduce it's size. You could even build a chamber below the box to create a labyrinth port there (that would take some work though).

I am gonna reverse mount 2 of the subs for sure , but if I do all 4 it would be pointless to have that window, why would the smaller boxes on the side work? I have seen them done before

audio fanatic

Posted

You're asking for help and advice and you're getting it. You're not liking the advice you're receiving and you're not wanting to take it. You asked,"What do you think of this speaker enclosure?". We answered about what we thought suggestions to fix it.

Build it how you want. You should have designed it right before ever cutting the wood in the first place. It doesn't seem like you need any help though, your going to do what you want because no matter what we will say, you've seen it done such and such ways before. Good luck with your build.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

I would just pull the port and seal the port hole. Run it sealed. Since it isn't screwed and glued yet, you could cut 3 1/2 inches off the height of the box and that will remove the proper amount of airspace. (I did the calculation)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3159 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...