Second Skin Audio

What you think if this speaker enclosure?

luism1983

I don't have that much of a good eye, also, who knows what subs you are going to use or what amp. you should post dimensions of everything.

Your cuts seem good except for the back panel which seems misaligned with the side panel.

Port seems to be too long.

Once you pass 1/12 of the length of the tuned frequency the air inside of the port no longer acts as a single mass and it gets all gross like.

Theeeeen again that is saying without knowing the actual length of the port and the tuned frequency.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Dimensions are 40-1/2 x 12x 16-1/2. Port is 26". 4 ct sound 8" mesos powered by 2 1500-1bd

Cuts look off cause box is not put together yet is still in pieces I just set the pieces together to see how it's gonna look

audio fanatic

What are the inner dimensions of the port(width by length and 26" is the depth I'm assuming?)?

Running Krakin's numbers for shits and giggles, I got a 35 Hz tune being a 382"(382" divided by 12 is ~32 inches) wavelength. In order to stick to the 1/12th rule, you'd need to stay under 32" in port length. You're just fine if you're tuned at 42 Hz or lower(lower frequency=longer wavelength).

What vehicle is this going into? That port is going to eat into a lot of useable space. And then you need clearance between the mouth of that port and any obstacle in the vehicle, like the hatch. You'll need the distance of the width(in your case the height) from any obstacle like a wall or hatch.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

What are the inner dimensions of the port(width by length and 26" is the depth I'm assuming?)?

Running Krakin's numbers for shits and giggles, I got a 35 Hz tune being a 382"(382" divided by 12 is ~32 inches) wavelength. In order to stick to the 1/12th rule, you'd need to stay under 32" in port length. You're just fine if you're tuned at 42 Hz or lower(lower frequency=longer wavelength).

What vehicle is this going into? That port is going to eat into a lot of useable space. And then you need clearance between the mouth of that port and any obstacle in the vehicle, like the hatch. You'll need the distance of the width(in your case the height) from any obstacle like a wall or hatch.

if his depth of port is 26" hes under the 32 inches.. so he should be fine ... its the depth of the port that needs to be under the wavelength right ?not the width or height

if his depth of port is 26" hes under the 32 inches.. so he should be fine ... its the depth of the port that needs to be under the wavelength right ?not the width or height

You are correct, it's got to be the depth.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived