Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

What you think if this speaker enclosure?


luism1983

Recommended Posts

Posted

You're asking for help and advice and you're getting it. You're not liking the advice you're receiving and you're not wanting to take it. You asked,"What do you think of this speaker enclosure?". We answered about what we thought suggestions to fix it.

Build it how you want. You should have designed it right before ever cutting the wood in the first place. It doesn't seem like you need any help though, your going to do what you want because no matter what we will say, you've seen it done such and such ways before. Good luck with your build.

Not trying to start any fights I really appreciate the help , I guess is my fault for not clarifying my question, I just wanted opinions on how the box looks , as in the port out make the box look ugly ? not performance

Sorry for the confusion

audio fanatic

Posted

You're asking for help and advice and you're getting it. You're not liking the advice you're receiving and you're not wanting to take it. You asked,"What do you think of this speaker enclosure?". We answered about what we thought suggestions to fix it.

Build it how you want. You should have designed it right before ever cutting the wood in the first place. It doesn't seem like you need any help though, your going to do what you want because no matter what we will say, you've seen it done such and such ways before. Good luck with your build.

Not trying to start any fights I really appreciate the help , I guess is my fault for not clarifying my question, I just wanted opinions on how the box looks , as in the port out make the box look ugly ? not performance

Sorry for the confusion

audio fanatic

Posted

You're asking for help and advice and you're getting it. You're not liking the advice you're receiving and you're not wanting to take it. You asked,"What do you think of this speaker enclosure?". We answered about what we thought suggestions to fix it.

Build it how you want. You should have designed it right before ever cutting the wood in the first place. It doesn't seem like you need any help though, your going to do what you want because no matter what we will say, you've seen it done such and such ways before. Good luck with your build.

Not trying to start any fights I really appreciate the help , I guess is my fault for not clarifying my question, I just wanted opinions on how the box looks , as in the port out make the box look ugly ? not performance

Sorry for the confusion

audio fanatic

Posted

looks clean but the port is kinda derpy. IMO, i like flush ports, or ones that come out of the top like choo choo trains... TOOOT TOOOT

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

Posted

Run it sealed or throw it away and build a good box for your subs !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers :  Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

 

Posted

OP had another thread for the designing and help for this box. It began with needing help because of he made the box himself and made it slightly too small if I remember correctly. And then moved onto needing help designing the port... and this is what came of that final product wise. Quite a few of you guys posted on that thread too, I'm surprised that none of you seem to remember lol. But anyway, here's the link to that one.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188069-need-help-port-size/

Posted

Run it sealed or throw it away and build a good box for your subs !

I no experience with CT sound subs do they do good in sealed box?

audio fanatic

Posted

OP had another thread for the designing and help for this box. It began with needing help because of he made the box himself and made it slightly too small if I remember correctly. And then moved onto needing help designing the port... and this is what came of that final product wise. Quite a few of you guys posted on that thread too, I'm surprised that none of you seem to remember lol. But anyway, here's the link to that one.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188069-need-help-port-size/

Yeap that's the same one , I really just wanted opinions on how the port made the box look weird and if anyone had done something similar, but I missed word the topic

audio fanatic

Posted

OP if you don't want an external port, this is the sort of layout you can do:

4x8SUPB_zps0be6c9ec.jpg

Or even this:

4x8SFPF_zps7511fe57.jpg

I like the first design maybe I can use something like that if this box fails

How do you calculate that split port?

audio fanatic

Posted

With the second design you could still put groceries onto of it and put a grill over the port to protect them from extra cargo.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3159 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...