shaggyjohnson Posted June 18, 2014 Report Posted June 18, 2014 Any help is appreciated. I want to run 3 12'' Rockford Fosgate P3D2's, with the RF p500bd1 (birth cert. says 750w rms) for each sub. I need help with the design, volume, vent volume, etc.. I have years of carpentry skills, so building is the easy part.....
Phaeton Posted June 18, 2014 Report Posted June 18, 2014 i would go 3 cubic feet per woofer. i have no idea what music you listen to so tuning is a mystery. The more we know the faster we can help. what kind of space do you got to work with? why 3 woofers? what music do you mainly listen to? 1997 subaru legacy outback Four 15's in a almost wall Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass Optima Yellow top batteries 270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) Lots of Second Skin
shaggyjohnson Posted June 18, 2014 Author Report Posted June 18, 2014 I listen to alot of everything, mainly edm, rap, and heavy metal. I have just under 45 inches in between the rear wheel wells (this is a 2005 ford exploder). Plenty of room for height and plenty of room from the rear seat to the rear hatch. IDk why, just figured I already had 2 12s, why not one more since I have the space.
alaskanzx5 Posted June 18, 2014 Report Posted June 18, 2014 I would go for 3cuft net per and 100-150" of port area. Subs up port back double baffle with say some bracing. If you can an octo port could look killer in this setup. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
Joe X Posted June 19, 2014 Report Posted June 19, 2014 So here is a suggestion, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, port clearance 4", figure is just an assembly guide:
MACnonsence6 Posted June 19, 2014 Report Posted June 19, 2014 joe x is the shit I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.
poorfish88 Posted June 19, 2014 Report Posted June 19, 2014 joe x is the shit Hell yea, now we all need to know who is this X who designs great boxes for free. Mystery man? Keep up the good work JoeX.
shaggyjohnson Posted June 19, 2014 Author Report Posted June 19, 2014 WOW, Thank You Joe X!!! Also, to everybody else for their wisdom.....
shaggyjohnson Posted June 19, 2014 Author Report Posted June 19, 2014 I would go for 3cuft net per and 100-150" of port area. Subs up port back double baffle with say some bracing. If you can an octo port could look killer in this setup. Whats the alaskanzx5 about?
alaskanzx5 Posted June 19, 2014 Report Posted June 19, 2014 I would go for 3cuft net per and 100-150" of port area. Subs up port back double baffle with say some bracing. If you can an octo port could look killer in this setup.Whats the alaskanzx5 about? I made a mistake. For some reason I thought you said 15" subs. My bad. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.