Second Skin Audio

RE Audio XXX 12 in a 4th order

lightfoot

I'm looking for some advice on a design for a single RE Audio 12 XXX in a 4th order bandpass. I have talked to one of the guys at RE and he suggested to make each chamber (ported & sealed) 5.5ft. with 30 sq." of port X 7.5" long. That would be tuned @ 35hz, and peak between 40-45hz.. This sounds completely ridiculous to me (WAY TO BIG). Here are the T/S parameters:

Qes - 0.46

Qms - 3.29

Qts - 0.404

Fs - 21.00hz

Vas - 74.0 liters

Xmax - 54mm

Efficiency-SPL 1W/1M - 83.76 dB SPL

Sd - 480 cm^2

Re - 4.2 ohm

Bl - 18.16

Oh yeah the recommended enclosures are: Sealed 1.1 and Ported 2.2 @ 34hz

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Currently I have it in a vented box that is 3.3 ft. it sounds good, i'm just looking at a bandpass design so i can port it through the rear deck.

The vehicle is a '05 Nissan Altima and the power I'am running is a BAMF 5500 (I know shitty amp)

I just did a bandpass for a Rockford Fosgate P2 and it's only got like 12MM of Xmax. I gave more port to that 10" than you're thinking of giving a sub with 54MM of Xmax. Unless you're considering at least doubling, or tripling port area, don't bother with a bandpass enclosure.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

is it the newer XXX? my brother has one and it dont like the abuse. they dont take a lot of power to get smelly. we tested a SMD sub in the same box same power and sounded a lot better louder and made more flex... if its the newer xxx do not over power it

Archived