CleanSierra Posted June 21, 2014 Report Posted June 21, 2014 A 4th order is not a bandpass, but a bandpass is a 4th order. A regular vented enclosure is a bass reflex box. A 4th order that most people think of is actually a 4th order bandpass enclosure, or single reflex box. The two are not the same, but both are 4th orders. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Phaeton Posted June 21, 2014 Report Posted June 21, 2014 i just like my sp4 in my 4th bandpass sealed/ported box thing. 1997 subaru legacy outback Four 15's in a almost wall Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass Optima Yellow top batteries 270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) Lots of Second Skin
Miguels Posted June 21, 2014 Report Posted June 21, 2014 A 4th order is not a bandpass, but a bandpass is a 4th order. A regular vented enclosure is a bass reflex box. A 4th order that most people think of is actually a 4th order bandpass enclosure, or single reflex box. The two are not the same, but both are 4th orders. thank you Sierra.. my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Krakin Posted June 21, 2014 Report Posted June 21, 2014 When you have a driver and an encloser that creates a 2nd order roll off of 12 dB/octave; when you add a port to an enclosure/driver environment you add 2 more orders and it becomes a 4th order NON-BANDPASS. in a bandpass enclosure you have both a sealed section with a 12 dB/octave roll-off for the low end and a 24 dB/octave roll-off on the high end controlled by the ported section. This means that the port and the airspace in the port DO NOT control the low-end extension in the response. Also it is much more than just making it a 2:1 ratio. This all matters on your end goal; with a large ratio you are more likely to have a large bump in response around tuning and with a lower ratio you become more closer to a flat response you become. If you want to go PURE SPL you can make a huge ratio with the ported:sealed being like 20:1 however you will have pretty much the tuned note being playable as every other note will be 4-20 dB quieter. Such as the sundown van in a 4th order bandpass with 2 18's hitting 60's. You can also make a sealed box a 4th order by adding a 2nd order LPF to it to gain a 24 dB/octave slope. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
_paralyzed_ Posted June 21, 2014 Report Posted June 21, 2014 Damn it! Sorry Miguels. I thought I knew what I was talking about. I guess I need to check myself before calling someone out on calling me out. I'll be honest, I'm fricken confused at this point! I'm not an idiot by any means, I'm a fairly intelligent guy. Just when I think I know something about audio I'm slapped in the face with reality and realize how much I don't know.I think that's why people can get so passionate about this hobby, there are so many facets one can geek out on and learn, learn, learn. Back to the books...
Krakin Posted June 21, 2014 Report Posted June 21, 2014 Damn it! Sorry Miguels. I thought I knew what I was talking about. I guess I need to check myself before calling someone out on calling me out. I'll be honest, I'm fricken confused at this point! I'm not an idiot by any means, I'm a fairly intelligent guy. Just when I think I know something about audio I'm slapped in the face with reality and realize how much I don't know. I think that's why people can get so passionate about this hobby, there are so many facets one can geek out on and learn, learn, learn. Back to the books... At least you admit your mistake, many people won't do that. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Miguels Posted June 21, 2014 Report Posted June 21, 2014 its not your fault.. many false information is floating around and makes people think something is correct when its not.. i used to think the same about 4th orders/bandpass and just started to learn from some who build them. edit.. im not an expert by any means and still learning my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.