MrBigs63' Posted June 23, 2014 Report Posted June 23, 2014 Hey guys. I am doing an install for my buddy while he is on vacation. He is going with a Rockford 1500.1, FI BL 15, and all Knu wiring. I am currently building a box and I opened the sub up to test fit it and while going over it I noticed that the tinsel leads are basically stretched pretty tight at the cones resting position. I won't be able to have a picture until later tonight when I get back to the shop. I was just wondering if this is a problem or the way that all of their subs are or what. It is a brand new BL, built about 2 weeks ago.
Kyblack76 Posted June 23, 2014 Report Posted June 23, 2014 a member on here a while back, posted a pic of 2 drivers just bought from Fi. And he had the SAME issue. On one driver, the cone resting posistion was WAY off. It pulled the leads taught as fuck. I cant remember what, if anything was done..... shit... let me look/search. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
dolarbilz Posted June 23, 2014 Report Posted June 23, 2014 I had four mayhem 18's like that.you'll be fine they'll stretch out. And its a paid option to have tinsels in the spiders now.
Kyblack76 Posted June 23, 2014 Report Posted June 23, 2014 Found it..... is this something like what your seeing?!?! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/184583-do-you-see-a-problem-here/ SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
MrBigs63' Posted June 23, 2014 Author Report Posted June 23, 2014 Yes they look just like the leads in that link. They are not solid tight, but they are pretty damn tight.
Kyblack76 Posted June 23, 2014 Report Posted June 23, 2014 Maybe PM IMANOOB and see what happend,... i bumped the thread for an update..... if the member still even comes around here, i dunno...... good luck man... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
MrBigs63' Posted June 23, 2014 Author Report Posted June 23, 2014 Alright. Thanks for the help Kylar, and they are not as tight as those that dolarbillz posted. I think they may be just slightly looser.
Kyblack76 Posted June 23, 2014 Report Posted June 23, 2014 Got ya. Also, My boy Bill up there would know. He just may be a bigger Fi nut hugger than myself. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.