Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need help finding a box designer for a w7


LGHT

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've contacted about 10 local stereo shops in my area about a box build and none seemed to be able to do anything outside of factory specs. I have a JL 13.5w7 and want a larger than factory spec box for the back of my yukon. See below pic. I tried using winisd, but the woofer wasn't in the db and I couldn't find all the info about the woofer to add it to the db.

Does anyone know of a service who can take my measurments of the truck, the type of woofer and give me the size of the box and port info I need for the woofer? I read that there are online shops that can do this and you just take the info to a fabricator, but I can't find anything online.

Here is a pic of what I want to do, but withouth the red and black layers. I just want a tall wide box that fits my trunk area from side to side and looks clean.

03escalade.jpg

Posted

There is a member here named Joe X that, if you give him all the Info (L x W x H) and subwoofer specs, can give you a design and cut sheet for you. Try reaching out to him. He helped me with my box.

Posted

There is a member here named Joe X that, if you give him all the Info (L x W x H) and subwoofer specs, can give you a design and cut sheet for you. Try reaching out to him. He helped me with my box.

When you say give him all the info you mean the info of my trunk space?

Posted
Posted
Posted

Just list your max dimensions, amp, sub model #, type of music listened to and your goal for this system, is it sq, spl? There are numerous people here who can help you out. And Ask Nicely! lol

Ok I'll have to get all that info together. I like a mix between sq and spl. Also how would I know frequency to tune the box to is that something I have to get from JL?

Posted

Best way to go about this would be build the box to spec tuned to your liking and make a trim panel to blend it together and make it look like the pic you posted which I could almost gurantee is what was done in that pic.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

No. it's a choice. If you listen to alot of Bass then you want your box to be tuned to 30 htz or lower. Somewhere in-between, you may want it tuned to 32 - 40 hrtz. It's what you want your box frequency to be tuned to.

Which in term will affect the port length and size.

Posted

No. it's a choice. If you listen to alot of Bass then you want your box to be tuned to 30 htz or lower. Somewhere in-between, you may want it tuned to 32 - 40 hrtz. It's what you want your box frequency to be tuned to.

Which in term will affect the port length and size.

Ok thanks for the help. The factory box is tuned to 30 and is 2.375 cu ft. I read here that the box sounds better in 3-4 cu ft as the manufacturer specs try and keep the box small to accomidate more of the general public.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3159 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...