Joe Hagerty Posted June 27, 2014 Report Posted June 27, 2014 What's up y'all I need some help nd design advice for my next install I have a 2001 ford crown Victoria I'm wanting to do a 4th order box for 2 soundqubed HDC315s on a soundqubed Q3500.1D with the port goin through the rear deck wat I'm looking for is someone wit experience in building 4ths I've never built one nd don't know hw to go about doin the design I've built a few ported boxes just need help wit the design nd tuning for the box if you have experience wit 4th in crown vics its even better cuz I don't have the dimentions at the moment any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance
DrewJones Posted June 27, 2014 Report Posted June 27, 2014 What are you confused about exactly? TEAM SOUTH Bassahaulic Productions The ONLY Bright Atlantic Blue DiamondBoxx L Drew Jones Bassahaulic Productions 4 SSA ZCON 15"s 2 Sundown SCV-6000's 6 AGM G31's 161.6 @ 40Hz Outlaw 159.8 @ 36Hz Legal ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Joe Hagerty Posted June 27, 2014 Author Report Posted June 27, 2014 Mainly the design nd space like I said I've never built a 4th nd I been reading up on em nd get confused wen I see things like 2:1 3:1 nd 4:1 I know part of the box is ported the other part is sealed but wat I don't know is how do I go bout figuring out how much sealed nd how much ported do I need? I want to do a 4th cuz I've heard they r a lot more effective nd loud then a normal ported box jus really confused on hw to go bout designing it
Joe Hagerty Posted June 27, 2014 Author Report Posted June 27, 2014 Nd like I said im wanting to port it through the rear deck
Joe Hagerty Posted June 27, 2014 Author Report Posted June 27, 2014 Nd like I said im wanting to port it through the rear deck nd I've been told the only way I can do tht is with a 4th order I was told no other box would b able to do tht
timc31610 Posted June 28, 2014 Report Posted June 28, 2014 First of you are going to need measurements. For two 15s that box is going to be huge. I know those cars have a big trunk but I feel you will still be pushing it. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Joe X Posted June 28, 2014 Report Posted June 28, 2014 Additionally HDC3 line is not very 4th order friendly.
Joe Hagerty Posted June 28, 2014 Author Report Posted June 28, 2014 Would I just b better off doin a ported box wit the HDC3s then
fecupe2001 Posted June 28, 2014 Report Posted June 28, 2014 i would definitely contact my boy dave leib aka strongman designs , he built a few boxes like you want and actually have a world record with an impala using a 4th order with 2 15s and port on the rear deck, does something like 153 at 36 hz, trust me,one of the best designers out there! I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
timc31610 Posted June 28, 2014 Report Posted June 28, 2014 Like Joe said not the best sub for a fourth order. A simple slot pitted box will likely give you the best results. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.