Sonic Electronix

Build proposal... Lead and enlighten me!

Okay guys, So Ive posted asking about a build before with my Hummer (But I sold that)

And Im looking to put a good setup in my truck now.

Information on the truck so far.....

2003 GMC Sierra 1500HD (4 door crew cab)

Deck- Clarion VX709

I posted what I thought was relevant, ask if more is needed.

Anyways. Heres my build plan....

1x SoundQubed HDC3 15

2 sets Crescendo 6.5 CZ Components

1x Hifonics Brutus Elite BE 1700.1D

1x Hifonics Brutus Elite BE 500.4

And heres some questions!

Which battery should I get as a secondary audio battery?

Bigger Alternator?

Can Alternator be too big and damage anything?

Is buying a used alternator generally a safe bet? (local guy selling 270 amp mechman for a decent price)

External Crossover (Besides the deck and the tweets crossovers included with the components)

Will I reeeeeaaalllly notice a difference between CCA and OFC in this application? Enough to warrant the 3x price...

Who should I go to for box tuning/designing? I can build...I just dont have the knowledge to design and tune

Inverted or regular mounting?

Should I worry about sound deadening? Considering everything is going to rattle probably no matter what I do.

The plan is to get rid of the double seat in the rear and replace with another single....And use the space between for the box. Havent taken measurements as of yet, but I saw at one point someone doing the same thing (wish I could find that again)

4 Channel amp would be bridged to 2x250 (Crescendo rating 100 rms a piece). Is there anything wrong with doing front and back that way vs each on their own channel? Is 25 watts per safe to overpower?

Thank you in advance for your help. Any input is welcome and is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Here are some answers:

An alt can't be to big to do damage.

Don't bridge your 4 channel amp.

1 run of OFC vs 2 runs of CCA, you decide which is better.

Yes, use sound deadener.

Inverted or regular doesn't really matter, just take it into consideration when designing the box.

Secondary battery, get a known brand, there are quite a few quality ones just do some research.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Okay guys, So Ive posted asking about a build before with my Hummer (But I sold that)

And Im looking to put a good setup in my truck now.

Information on the truck so far.....

2003 GMC Sierra 1500HD (4 door crew cab)

Deck- Clarion VX709

I posted what I thought was relevant, ask if more is needed.

Anyways. Heres my build plan....

1x SoundQubed HDC3 15

2 sets Crescendo 6.5 CZ Components

1x Hifonics Brutus Elite BE 1700.1D

1x Hifonics Brutus Elite BE 500.4

And heres some questions!

Which battery should I get as a secondary audio battery?

Bigger Alternator?

Can Alternator be too big and damage anything?

Is buying a used alternator generally a safe bet? (local guy selling 270 amp mechman for a decent price)

External Crossover (Besides the deck and the tweets crossovers included with the components)

Will I reeeeeaaalllly notice a difference between CCA and OFC in this application? Enough to warrant the 3x price...

Who should I go to for box tuning/designing? I can build...I just dont have the knowledge to design and tune

Inverted or regular mounting?

Should I worry about sound deadening? Considering everything is going to rattle probably no matter what I do.

The plan is to get rid of the double seat in the rear and replace with another single....And use the space between for the box. Havent taken measurements as of yet, but I saw at one point someone doing the same thing (wish I could find that again)

4 Channel amp would be bridged to 2x250 (Crescendo rating 100 rms a piece). Is there anything wrong with doing front and back that way vs each on their own channel? Is 25 watts per safe to overpower?

Thank you in advance for your help. Any input is welcome and is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Depending on what you can fit under the hood, you may not even need a second battery with that power.

What is your stock alternators output? You more than likely would probably greatly benefit from an upgrade.

No alts can't do that.

Used sales can be good, I would personally only buy name brand if used, and the seller is very accredited. Stuff is expensive and don't want to waste my time with fraud.

What about external crossovers? You're amplifiers more than likely have built in ones so use those?

I would say no, CCA 1/0 is rated for 250, while OFC 1/0 is rated for 350. And the general rule is for every 1 amp, can carry 10 watts. And with that amp choice, you'll probably never break 2k.

About designs, I really have no idea. I have had only 2 people on here designs things for me so I don't have to much experience there.

Inverted to regular means nothing other than wow factor. When you build a box, you accomadte the woofers displacement, so whichever way you choose. You build the box to either have the displacement or not.

Yes sound deadening is great, from second skin themselves, they say you only need a 50% coverage on your panels. But I go balls out and do it all like most people hahahaa.

I don't quite exactly get what you mean by the seats.

Just run the amp at 4 ohms not bridged. It will put out the power you need and there is so no point to bring excess heat to a 4channel.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Does no one watch Steve's amp tests? He tested that series from Hifonics and found they make what they say they do lol.

Sure I could spend 1000 on amps alone, but for a single 15 it's not worth it to me.

Also, anyone have experience with those components?

And to answer the questions asked.... Was asking if I should even worry about ext crossover. And for the seats i mean because the GM rear seats are a 60/40 split in the rear. I would take the "60" out and replace it with another "40" (or 70/30...not sure)

It'd essentially be..... 40/sub/40 instead of 60/40

I hope that helps some. I'll get measurements and drawings up at some point.

it did rated at 15v...but you are fine using the amp don't even worry about it.

If you or anyone else can recommend something better thats not DC and will cost 1000 per amp because theyre the equivalent to sliced bread....Then by all means thats what I want.

Same for the sub, and the speakers.....

Id love to have a full setup of rockford amps....believe me...But for the price that would cost me I could build my engine sooner than this winter.... I know Crescendo amps are good, they just wont go with anything in my truck, and should offer different colors than Orange.....

Archived