Sonic Electronix

Okay I have a 02 suburban with 12 custom made digital design 1500 15's in a sealed box. Right now we have it one one digital design m4,4 xs d3400's, and 2 300 amp alternators. I'm trying to come up with idea's for maybe a 4th or 6th order or maybe just port the box to throw some air. Any ideas? I may also be taking these subs out and putting 12 obsidian audio 15's or 18's and put them on a dc 10k or something like that

If you have the room, and have someone who can design the box properly. Those subs would probably rock hard as hell in a 4th order.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

i was gonna say 12 15s! that seems like overkill!

i know people always think more is... well more. but most of the time less is more! id put money on it that 8 15s in a ported box would slam.all Over the 12 in a sealed.

my only real advice is don't sacrifice air space for cone area.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

We have no real info on his box or anything at this point. I'd like to see pics of the intended plan before suggesting anything.

The airspace behind the C-pillar has room for 6 15s(as seen done several times). If you take out the second row, you open up space for maybe 4 more. That puts you at 10 subs. I'm not sure what you're looking for, or if you've EVER built before, but blindly picking a number of subs and saying,"this is what I'll be running" isn't how you plan a build.

You need to measure the area you have, and use the appropriate number of subs at that point. To me, it doesn't sound like you have any really solid plan, since you mentioned in the original post about different equipment already.

I will tell you this, the only way you're fitting 12 "custom" 15s in that ride is to wall it. That is an entry level sub and isn't terribly stiff, and should lend itself to a 4th order bandpass pretty well. Good luck trying to find someone to design you a 4th order bandpass wall for 12 15s. You're better off hitting up RamDesigns(he has a website) and paying him for a design.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it and I hope you read as much as you possibly can and learn as much as you possibly can.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

no way is a 4th of 12 15s fitting! lets say you go small and do a 1/2 ratio. say 2 cubes per for sealed (very small) 12x2= 24 for

now we have 12x4= 48

both is 72 cubes to build a box that imo less subs on a ported box would be louder!

if you drop some Subs (or sell them all and get 6really nice ones) and put them in a 4th you'd have a bad ass system!

hell a box for 12 15s the wood, material and labor would cost more then your subs

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

In the olden days virtually all of the manufacturer demo vehicles and other big builds were huge cone area in sealed boxes with what by today's standards would be entry level subs. I can vouch for 12 entry level 15's in sealed boxes being plenty loud. If it's not loud it's likely because the box isn't well braced, subs are out of phase or some other issue.

Let's see some pics of this.

Archived