Should I buy a project vehicle?

So yesterday I was kidding around with my best bud, showing him the progress on my truck. He likes it, I'm underwhelmed. We were throwing around ideas about doing a big system, and I've always wanted to do something crazy, but it's mainly all talk. He has a 97' Jimmy 4 door that he doesn't drive much and he looked at me and said "$700 and it's yours". I personally know the condition of the vehicle, having worked on it with him for a few years, and $700 is a steal. He's not eager to sell it, probably just eager to see what I'd do with it.

Just wondering what you'd do in my position, I mean, I'm not keen on walling off my Avalanche only because a wall isn't a good resale feature, and I'd rather not rattle the shit out of my daily driver.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

I guess the other question is, would it be worth it to invest thousands of dollars worth of equipment for a $700 vehicle.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Just wondering what you'd do in my position, I mean, I'm not keen on walling off my Avalanche only because a wall isn't a good resale feature, and I'd rather not rattle the shit out of my daily driver.

Just a suggestion here ... But I got to see a similar vehicle (Jimmy/Blazer) at world finals with a pair of 12s uniqely placed in the vehicle and I Shit you not that SUV was in the high 50s to low 60s ... Think they used Sched40 PVC (large sacle for 12" drivers) as the enclosures ... Wish I had pics !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Yes. me personally I couldn't see tearing up a nice car to wall it so a $700 ride is perfect for it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I guess the other question is, would it be worth it to invest thousands of dollars worth of equipment for a $700 vehicle.

I'd do it if the overall condition is good. That way when you destroy it you won't feel bad, since that happens when you get loud.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

I've seen a few Blazers that are good and crazy. I have no idea what I'd do, we joked around about 6 or 8 18s but its all talk for now. I don't know what I could fit but the goal would be to get stupid.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Depends on the condition of the vehicle, how well it runs, and if you actually like the vehicle. To me it sounds like a fun project.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

2 sets of Rockford Fosgate P1683's

Fi Audio Q 18" D2 ( Currently Own)

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

All SHCA Wires and stuff...

XS Power 4800 ( Stock Replacement)

High Ouput alternator (undecided which company or Amperage.)

Archived