Mid placement help & opinions please.....

bcbrassard

You are the master and i agree. I really wanted 8" drivers in the kicks but car was too small to fit them in. Then i wanted them in the doors but again i felt they where to big so i thought another set of 6.5s would help. I have thought about 8s in the rear doors before but that would be down the line as the soon to be wife is tired of my audio addiction spending. which i cant blame her since i have about 5k into it. And she wants a nice wedding and honeymoon in hawaii.

Just trying to work with what i have. A SMD member got a demo and though i had the subs turned down when they where turned off so there is some midbass now just not to my liking and this winters tear down will be more deadener and accoustic foam to stop the unwanted rattles...

Gotcha ... No problems leaving the 6.5" drivers in the kicks and rear doors.

First thing I would do to start this is disconnect the rear tweeters and retune.

Do you have time alignment ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Ya I have the 80-PRS But i split the RCA signal to feed mids and highs amp. 3 RF amps Highs split twice and mids the same to feed the amps signal. The one mids and highs amp is pass thru to the other on the mids which will be for the kicks when done.

I know i know, hard to explain it all but besides lower volts it works and is clean.

So T400-4 under driver for highs up front(front ch)

T400-2 under passanger seat to run Kicks & doors (2 ohm mode)

T400-4 in trunk for rear doors.

T1500 for 2 HDS310 wired to 1 ohm.

So everthing will stay the same but use pass thru on T400-2 to run midbass in kicks LP 300hz to 64hz( mids are 64hz-3k on HU)

TA once but havent redone it since i installed the kicks.

I know it sounds screwy but it works.

Geez ... I'm a dumb ass !!! I was sitting here thinking that you had absolutely nothing in the front doors except the tweeters shown.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Your not a DA! just misundestood what i have been asking. I am basicly concerned that T2 6.5 playing next to T3 6.5 in the doors might sound off or cancell each other out. Both good speakers so i hope not.

I have everything, just need to fiberglass door and switch things up a bit.

Again thank you for your time and help.

I am basicly concerned that T2 6.5 playing next to T3 6.5 in the doors might sound off or cancell each other out. Both good speakers so i hope not.

Sorry to say, But I'm thinking that unless the amplifiers are set up different with the 80prs ... some cancelation may happen.

I need to get a better look at the 80prs' RCA output stage ...

So I take it that you have (for the most part) everything set up active ???

you have 3 pairs of tweeters ??

I'd like to see you change a few things up before yanking everything out. just for test and tune purposes ...

Yikes..... lol

So first round install was 2 T400-4 amps with 2 sets of T2 comps. Front & rear doors. So i split the RCAs to run to both amps for mids and highs. Next round of upgrade was adding the kicker panels and a T400-2. I took the rca run from the T400-4 to th4 T400-2. Also bought a set of T3 comps to put in the doors since the T2 comps where going in the kickers. The T400-2 has a pass thru which i plan to run back to the T400-4 for the rear input ch to run the new CDTs midbass in LP mode, Fiberglass doors to house both T2 & T3 comps.

Everything active, EQ flat most of the time, TA on with auto EQ off. Rebuilt sub stage and enclosure and installed a new T1500 to run in 1 ohm. Car sounded deadened to shit but the roof and a few plastic panels that rattle some.

Systems been 3 yrs in the making and this is the last upgrades i want to do. Having that open rear ch on the T400-4 made me want to have a more true midbass driver & sound in the kicks.

Front highs at 150 watts

2 set of comps at 500 watt

added midbass another 300 watts

Rear comps getting 75 watts to each speaker

Subs getting 2k

If you are going for any good sound all the way to SQ I would get the mid as close as possible to the tweeter.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived