tones or music when metering?

follow the judges instruction. signal sweep first (at a moderate level) ... The judge will tell you what frequiency to play for your test ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

yes, tones are usually louder on the meter rather than music, depends on the music you use though

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I always keep gains down to get the system use to competition and evaluate what it can actually do then tune from there ...

There is more to my methods than just "tuning by ear" ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

When you go to the comp, make sure to buy a copy of the judging CD for reference ...

What i recommend to rookies is, find out what frequency is the loudest on their system by checking the peak frequency of the song they think is the loudest when they are playing the system using audacity, then, when you go to a comp, try burping from about 4 hz lower than that peak and all the way up, for example, if its louder at 40 hz to the ears, burp 36 hz then 38 hz then 40 hz then 42 hz then 44 hz then 46 hz, 30 seconds is plenty of time to fully burp 6-7 frequencies , not gonna get the loudest score possible because of voltage or coils temperture, but should get you louder than using some random song

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

depends on what comp/class you are running in, some are musical average yada yada yada. yes play a sweep, the tl will show peak frequency, then just burp that

Quoted cause I couldn't read your post

Archived