Sundown Audio

hifonics colossus 6.5k

bassaholic

but on droppinhz it says "1/0 to 1/0 inputs" add $25 and it confuses me. it sounds like it would be 1/0 gauge input cable to 1/0 gauge terminal but it doesnt make sense that they would put it like that. it should already have 1/0 inputs. it offers dual 1/0 inputs for $30, and u can add that without the 1/0 to 1/0 input.

I have ran the Hifonics Colossus twice with Success. That is Hifonics premier line built with better parts than there other series of Amps. Not saying there isnt better out there for a little more money. But IIRC I bought 1 of mine used for 400 in 2009 and 1 new for 550.

• 3 weeks later...

Hifonix got sold a few years back, that company also owns Crunch, MB Quart etc. years ago MB Quart speakers were in most competition systems. They were a German product manufactured in Germany. Now it is owned by someone else and manufactured in China. You do not see them in competition any more. That should tell you something. I know some Hifonix amps do put out rated power but most do not! Look for CEA Compliance though it is not a total guarantee. Spend more money and have a product that you can take out and install in every car you buy. Rockford Fosgate Power Series is King for sure! There are others as well. Another product that used to be awesome is PPI it was also sold and is now manufactured in China, maybe some of their amps put out rated power, but not all do. I know this first hand!! I did not check when purchasing and bought a PPI 5 channel amp that was not CEA compliant, it is truly garbage compared to what they used to be. In the past PPI engineers split off from Orion and started their own line. They sold it and it is now generic!!! I am off my soap box now

• 2 weeks later...

Shame about MB QUART... i mean they were the STANDARD in mids and highs for comp systems... Boston Acoustics and MB QUART anything else was dreck.... those days are over... MB QUART is like BOSS

Hifonix got sold a few years back, that company also owns Crunch, MB Quart etc. years ago MB Quart speakers were in most competition systems. They were a German product manufactured in Germany. Now it is owned by someone else and manufactured in China. You do not see them in competition any more. That should tell you something.

yeah the problem now with BRAND NAMES is that they are sold off over and over. PPi MB QUART LANZAR i mean these were big names and High End. Now they are just Pyramid amps in disguise. Who knows when Sundown and Skar will be eaten up by some Taiwan company and become BOSS in disguise.

yeah the problem now with BRAND NAMES is that they are sold off over and over. PPi MB QUART LANZAR i mean these were big names and High End. Now they are just Pyramid amps in disguise. Who knows when Sundown and Skar will be eaten up by some Taiwan company and become BOSS in disguise.

sundown and skar are on two completely different galaxies in terms of how they run their businesses.

i do not see sundown selling out in the near future. skar on the other hand probably yeah.

Archived