Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

sundown e15 wall


Recommended Posts

Posted
okay so ive been working on a few designs i wanna do a wall behind my second row seats so a "C" pillar walls. not sure if i wanna go 4th order or just ported. what are your thoughts.



info-

subs: 4 sundown e15's

vehicle: 2004 toyota sequoia

location in vehicle : behind second row, c pilar

box type: walled 4th order or ported wall

amp: ta1.3000d



415sportedwallv12_zpsc9afd667.png



415s4thorderwall_zps49fbe640.png

415s4thorderwall2_zps2afd0573.png



415sportedwallv3_zpsda62b027.png

415sportedwallv32_zpsea9e9da5.png



415sportedwallv1_zpsb273a446.png

415sportedwallv12_zpsc9afd667.png

Posted

Since you are bothering with a far away wall with the double layer baffle and all that why not go with some humble SA-15s or a little better.

The most I'd do with the e15s if ever considering using them would be a regular subs up / port back box.

Posted

Since you are bothering with a far away wall with the double layer baffle and all that why not go with some humble SA-15s or a little better.

The most I'd do with the e15s if ever considering using them would be a regular subs up / port back box.

just a budget build and wanna do a wall. ive heard good things about e15's so i though i would give them a try. with my budget its what i can afford

Posted

What's up Justin :P

Just do a ported wall. I think first design is best but I would probably raise the tuning a tad. With it being a C-pillar, and with them being in a little over 4 cubes net each, they will get low juuuust fine. Especially with the smallish port area.

Don't want to hamper your upper response with a low tuning.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

 

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Posted

What's up Justin :P

Just do a ported wall. I think first design is best but I would probably raise the tuning a tad. With it being a C-pillar, and with them being in a little over 4 cubes net each, they will get low juuuust fine. Especially with the smallish port area.

Don't want to hamper your upper response with a low tuning.

Me Justin? Haha, just so you know that other thread about the X was nothing personal, honestly. I see your posts and they're usually right on and helpful. I've just been told by a bunch of guys with first hand experience that the X coil is prone to overheating issues, that was all :P

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Lol nooo. Justin is the OP. He's a local dude that first messaged me on facebook asking for advice. I just stumbled upon the post and pieced together that it was him. Small world, haha.

But it's all good, buddy.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

 

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Posted

What's up Justin :P

Just do a ported wall. I think first design is best but I would probably raise the tuning a tad. With it being a C-pillar, and with them being in a little over 4 cubes net each, they will get low juuuust fine. Especially with the smallish port area.

Don't want to hamper your upper response with a low tuning.

Yeah I don't know why I tuned that so low. I was meaning to tune around 34-35 range. I'm still undecided on subs. Think the obsidians we were talking about would be better. I can't really figure out any configuration to fit three in a straight ported wall. I could fit 3 in a 4th however.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3202 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...