Jump to content

Suggestions for budget 6.5" set for rear (powered by RF T800-4AD)


moh.vze.com

Recommended Posts

Posted

Sup guys. I've been pretty quiet lately in the car audio scene but am thinking about making my mids/highs louder in the car.

I am currently running Hybrid Audio Unity set in the front doors (awesome sound quality)
IMG_0305.JPG

and my old DLS MS6A set in the rear

RearSpeakers_Skyview.JPG

The amp powering these mids/highs is a RF T800-4: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_61210_Rockford-Fosgate-T800-4AD.html

(4 ohms: 150 watts x 4 chan)

The DLS MS6A set I'm currently running in the back is not using the amp's full potential (RMS: 200 watts per set / 100 watts each side)

As a result, what do you guys recommend for a replacement for the rear speakers that will utilize the amps potential? Right now I think the 2x XL M2's are drowning my mids/highs.

Budget: $250

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

The JBL P660c will take that power and sound good doing it but will not sound as good as those Hybrid Audio's you have.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

The JBL P660c will take that power and sound good doing it but will not sound as good as those Hybrid Audio's you have.

I"m thinking about JBL MS-62C ( http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_45048_JBL-MS-62C.html )

There's a really long thread from 2012 of how great this set is:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/member-reviews-product-comparisons/129512-jbl-ms-62c-first-impressions-these-surprised-hell-out-me.html

However, the power handling on this set is not that high (RMS: 160 watts per pair / 80 watts each ).

I don't even remember why I bought the RF T800-4AD amp; there are not a lot of speaker sets that need that much power ><.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

I had a set of Focal 165 entry level speakers on an old school ppi with 150w ch that took the power even rated for 60w, now they did crap out after 9 months of hard pounding and driving them to the thermal point on a number of occasions. lol

Most good speakers will take power and some will take more power than others, so it is best to find as many reviews from people pushing the speakers to the limit, which is why i recommend the jbl p660c's so much since they take power more than most any other speaker on the market in it's price range, another brand i have pushed really hard are the Hertz hsk's and they'll take power really well also if you can come across a set used for a good price.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

RE Audio XXX 6.5. Plus they are 2 ohm.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Posted

Hmm. JBL P660C definitely sounds like the best speaker for louder output compared to the JBL MS-62C (this one is for SQ but not as loud).

The P660C is 2ohm so that won't work because I need a 4ohm set.

I'll continue taking suggestions for 4ohm set speakers.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

I'm in the market for another set of components. Just want to follow. I need 4ohm as well. I'm running Infinity Kappa components up front and LOVE them... I have a clean 100RMS going to them and I'm fairly certain they could take another 25 or so... After hearing these on 100RMS, I don't know why I would, or anyone would want them any louder. My ears ring for 5-10 minutes when I get out of the car... Solid set of components for 200.00. I believe they are the 63.11's, but 2ohm only...

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

Posted

I'm in the market for another set of components. Just want to follow. I need 4ohm as well. I'm running Infinity Kappa components up front and LOVE them... I have a clean 100RMS going to them and I'm fairly certain they could take another 25 or so... After hearing these on 100RMS, I don't know why I would, or anyone would want them any louder. My ears ring for 5-10 minutes when I get out of the car... Solid set of components for 200.00. I believe they are the 63.11's, but 2ohm only...

I think for front door speakers upgrades, you should try to find these http://store.12velectronics.com/unity-u61-2-6-5-2-way-component-speaker-system/

I bought mine "Opened-box" from Scott E. Buwalda ( Founder - Hybrid Audio Technologies ) a while back. The tweeters are freaken amazing on these things. They're too high-end for a rearfill set for me so that's why I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative. Note: you will need atleast 100w rms per side though

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Here's the update guys. I've contacted Hybrid Audio and have decided to purchase the Clarus C61-2

http://store.12velectronics.com/clarus-c61-2-2-way-speaker-system/

They will go in the front doors and my HAT Unity's will move to the rear deck. I will need to find a way to throw my DLS MS6A's into the rear door somehow and have it run off my Third amp (Elemental Designs Nine.2).

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

Here's the update guys. I've contacted Hybrid Audio and have decided to purchase the Clarus C61-2

http://store.12velectronics.com/clarus-c61-2-2-way-speaker-system/

They will go in the front doors and my HAT Unity's will move to the rear deck. I will need to find a way to throw my DLS MS6A's into the rear door somehow and have it run off my Third amp (Elemental Designs Nine.2).

Stepping it up a notch huh? Should sound amazing, especially with the Fosgate amp on them. Nice clean power to a great set of components... Would love to hear it. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out. Went out today component shopping. Everyone seems to throw me at Focals, and today, even JL Audio... Just shook my head and took it in. Asked to listen to them and he told me his board was down. I was curious... I'm thinking the Hertz HSK's, unless I can hear the Unity's listed above. I can't swing the second set, not right now at least :)

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1409 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...