Sonic Electronix

is fiberglassing inside the box worth it (for strength)

guy above me cornyest comeback i have ever fuckin heard kill your self please.. that being said i dont think i did to bad for my first time ever building a box

My screen name is right there man. Lol.

Yeah you didn't do too bad. It just blew apart is all. nbd brah.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

yeah, the box look nice, just needed more bracing or maybe a second layer all around. do like raptorman said, pull it apart, clean it up, rebuild. use more screws and glue this time.

i dont think fiberglass is going to do what you want. And if it doesnt work, then you will absolutely have to rebuild.

What glue/caulking did you use...?

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Screws are only meant to hold it together while glue dries. If the bottom board is flapping just pull out the screws and see if you can slip a razorblade in and cut at the seam to separate it completely then sand it a bit. Try and make sure all of the rest of the wood is level and making good contact with the board and be extremely generous with the glue and lay it on fresh.

Make sure you wait at least 48 hours to let the glue completely cure. I've seen a box come apart just because of a guy not waiting to let the glue dry.

Having the box in the back seats like that isn't safe at all

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

it would literally take half an hour to an hour time to take the box out, unscrew the base, glue it, and screw it back on. It would take much more effort to glass the bottom. Before you fix the box, work on your laziness.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Archived