DylanBunch Posted July 8, 2014 Report Posted July 8, 2014 Anyone running these? Considering getting a couple and am curious to hear how people like them 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
g2shuck Posted July 8, 2014 Report Posted July 8, 2014 This is the first I knew obsidian had these 2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk Sky High OFC Wiring DC Power 270 XP Alt AQ 2200 Sub Amp Two DC Level 4 m2 12s 80 Mil Murdetmat Gathering Parts For Wall Build. Team DC Audio 2014 Member
g2shuck Posted July 8, 2014 Report Posted July 8, 2014 What's odd is there 6 ohm. Seems you can get a lot better for the price too. For the money I don't think these can be beat. http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/prv-audio-tw-350ti/ Or if you wanna spend a little more and run more power these. http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/prv-audio-tw600ti-high-power-titanium-bullet-super-tweeter-8-ohm.html 2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk Sky High OFC Wiring DC Power 270 XP Alt AQ 2200 Sub Amp Two DC Level 4 m2 12s 80 Mil Murdetmat Gathering Parts For Wall Build. Team DC Audio 2014 Member
nadcicle Posted July 8, 2014 Report Posted July 8, 2014 From the frequency response alone i'd be more willing to go with the Obsidian's because they at least play down to 2k and can pick up some mid frequencies. The PRV's listed 1 picks up at 3k and the other picks up at like 4k - 5k depending on if you go for the crossover points recommended or not. The disadvantage I see on the Obsidian is they don't show sensitivity, but i'd guess around 105db anyways as most of these style supertweeters are. I personally would never recommend any particular supertweeter and would instead recommend a horn driver and horn instead as they can be had pretty cheap too. Will likely get louder and sound better doing it. http://www.parts-express.com/prv-audio-wg-11-25-1-60-x-60-abs-waveguide-1-3-8-18--294-2842 http://www.parts-express.com/prv-audio-dt175ph-s-1-phenolic-horn-driver-8-ohm-1-3-8-18--294-2800
g2shuck Posted July 8, 2014 Report Posted July 8, 2014 Your gonna run a tweet down to 2k? Wtf 2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk Sky High OFC Wiring DC Power 270 XP Alt AQ 2200 Sub Amp Two DC Level 4 m2 12s 80 Mil Murdetmat Gathering Parts For Wall Build. Team DC Audio 2014 Member
nadcicle Posted July 8, 2014 Report Posted July 8, 2014 Your gonna run a tweet down to 2k? Wtf Try to sound less condescending until you've had experience with them. I can run mine down to 1k and you might just be in for an eye opening experience. I won't argue that supertweeters get loud, but that's at the sacrifice of sound quality. Horns will get even louder and sound better doing it. Lot's come in to effect as to why like diaphragm size, quality, horn compression size. The goal is to get loud and not sound like crap doing it isn't it?
ToNasty Posted July 8, 2014 Report Posted July 8, 2014 talk to 2000lade. he has them ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
g2shuck Posted July 8, 2014 Report Posted July 8, 2014 A horn that low I could see just not a supertweet 2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk Sky High OFC Wiring DC Power 270 XP Alt AQ 2200 Sub Amp Two DC Level 4 m2 12s 80 Mil Murdetmat Gathering Parts For Wall Build. Team DC Audio 2014 Member
nadcicle Posted July 8, 2014 Report Posted July 8, 2014 A horn that low I could see just not a supertweet Gotcha, Hey they seem to make the claim and that's what they were tootin' when they came out. I know they were saying something about the elongated compressed horn design coupled with the grill let it play down to 2k. I can't speak from experience personally with them, but after having heard just about every supertweet used today in builds around the world and having some personal playtime with crescendo's, seleniums, prv's, and dd's I can say that non were anywhere near forgiving without proper processing. You know horns can play low and I'm sure you know it doesn't take any real processing to do it and sound good.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.