g2shuck Posted July 8, 2014 Report Posted July 8, 2014 HAha sorry op I did make a suggestion though 2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk Sky High OFC Wiring DC Power 270 XP Alt AQ 2200 Sub Amp Two DC Level 4 m2 12s 80 Mil Murdetmat Gathering Parts For Wall Build. Team DC Audio 2014 Member
MrBigs63' Posted July 8, 2014 Report Posted July 8, 2014 I have no personal experience, but I have heard that the Obsidians don't get super loud for super tweets, but they are really clean.
DylanBunch Posted July 9, 2014 Author Report Posted July 9, 2014 Well I thought they weren't really super tweets? Aren't they more like high sensitivity dome tweeters? Also I'm totally down to run prv cause I have their 8s in my doors but I'm gonna be putting a tweeter in each a pillar so idk how well a normal size super tweet in my a pillar will look? Or maybe it won't be so bad idk 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
DylanBunch Posted July 9, 2014 Author Report Posted July 9, 2014 Also I want tweeters that can screw in because I have mclaren dome tweeters in my doors and they don't have screw holes so they pop out of the holes I made in my doors and it's really annoying. And that's without bass, just the bass from my mids in my doors lol and one last question, what's the difference between rms power and program power in the power ratings? I've noticed that in companies like prv, beyma and selenium. Can I run program power daily? 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
Omega5002 Posted July 9, 2014 Report Posted July 9, 2014 If you're gonna run program power(which is basically double rms), just make sure you're giving clean power, and the crossovers are correct.I believe the Obsidians are around 96db sensitivity( I forgot if it's either 1w/1m or 2.83v/1m), so it won't get as loud as a supertweeter on the same power nor is it a true supertweeter, it's basically a soft dome tweeter with a built on waveguide per say, mean't to not be as sharp sounding as a supertweeter.I would also take a look a horns and compression drivers as well as I find them to sound cleaner than a normal supertweeter, can get much louder if you want, and can be crossed lower depending on the waveguide, though they can get much bigger than a supertweeter, so installing them can be a task, but I'd personally prefer properly tuned horns over supertweeters(especially since horns is true pro audio). 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
DylanBunch Posted July 9, 2014 Author Report Posted July 9, 2014 If you're gonna run program power(which is basically double rms), just make sure you're giving clean power, and the crossovers are correct. I believe the Obsidians are around 96db sensitivity( I forgot if it's either 1w/1m or 2.83v/1m), so it won't get as loud as a supertweeter on the same power nor is it a true supertweeter, it's basically a soft dome tweeter with a built on waveguide per say, mean't to not be as sharp sounding as a supertweeter. I would also take a look a horns and compression drivers as well as I find them to sound cleaner than a normal supertweeter, can get much louder if you want, and can be crossed lower depending on the waveguide, though they can get much bigger than a supertweeter, so installing them can be a task, but I'd personally prefer properly tuned horns over supertweeters(especially since horns is true pro audio). Thanks Thales! I don't doubt that horns would sound better but I've glassed my doors 3 times trying to get them right and now that I'm finally happy with them I'm not gonna do it again to fit horns and I highly doubt a horn is gonna look good glassed into an a pillar haha i can run 2 prv 350ti @ 4ohms on my sundown 200.4 I'll just be careful. I don't think 100w a piece should be too bad? 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
Omega5002 Posted July 9, 2014 Report Posted July 9, 2014 If you're gonna run program power(which is basically double rms), just make sure you're giving clean power, and the crossovers are correct. I believe the Obsidians are around 96db sensitivity( I forgot if it's either 1w/1m or 2.83v/1m), so it won't get as loud as a supertweeter on the same power nor is it a true supertweeter, it's basically a soft dome tweeter with a built on waveguide per say, mean't to not be as sharp sounding as a supertweeter. I would also take a look a horns and compression drivers as well as I find them to sound cleaner than a normal supertweeter, can get much louder if you want, and can be crossed lower depending on the waveguide, though they can get much bigger than a supertweeter, so installing them can be a task, but I'd personally prefer properly tuned horns over supertweeters(especially since horns is true pro audio). Thanks Thales! I don't doubt that horns would sound better but I've glassed my doors 3 times trying to get them right and now that I'm finally happy with them I'm not gonna do it again to fit horns and I highly doubt a horn is gonna look good glassed into an a pillar haha i can run 2 prv 350ti @ 4ohms on my sundown 200.4 I'll just be careful. I don't think 100w a piece should be too bad? 100 rms a piece shouldn't hurt them too, plus since they are sensitive, you'll probably have low gain on them compared to the mids, so they should be fine. 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
DylanBunch Posted July 9, 2014 Author Report Posted July 9, 2014 Yeah probably haha I just bought em ? 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.