Syphlyn Posted July 11, 2014 Report Posted July 11, 2014 Hey guys as soon as my old system is sold I'm going to order a Sundown X12 & Alpine PDX-M12. Not sure whether to wire the sub to 2 ohm or 4 ohm as the M12 puts out 1200w on both 2/4 ohm. Anyways I'm trying to design a box and really can't find any recommendations for a box for this sub. - It'll be going in a 2000 F150 extended cab, sitting on the rear seat Max dem: Height: 16 Width: 35 Depth: 18 So far I've gathered (but could be completely wrong) - 16 sq inches of port/cubic foot - Should be 2 cu ft - 3 cu ft - tuned to 30-32hz Not really sure what to do, this'll be my first box. I believe I'm fairly capable with woodworking so that shouldn't be an issue. I have and am experimenting with Torres but can't really get anything to "work" here's an example: http://i.imgur.com/CYHzKfK.png Not sure if I have the correct volume/port area ect... Please help! I'm really looking forward to this project and should be a fun learning experience! Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8 H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898 Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers 4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4 Sub: Sundown Zv4 12 Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs
timc31610 Posted July 11, 2014 Report Posted July 11, 2014 Get a D2 sub, you can run it at 4 on the Alpine and later if you change amps it could be wired down to 1. As far as box specs, there is a recommended box on Sundown's site. http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers/item/x-series.html My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Syphlyn Posted July 11, 2014 Author Report Posted July 11, 2014 Get a D2 sub, you can run it at 4 on the Alpine and later if you change amps it could be wired down to 1. As far as box specs, there is a recommended box on Sundown's site. http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers/item/x-series.html Doesn't list the specs or the tuning for the box. So it's completely useless to me... Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8 H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898 Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers 4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4 Sub: Sundown Zv4 12 Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs
timc31610 Posted July 11, 2014 Report Posted July 11, 2014 Download sketchup, put the box specs in torress, it will lead you the right way. Or call and ask, they have great cs! My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Aj11 Posted July 12, 2014 Report Posted July 12, 2014 w 28 d 18 h 16 add a 6inch flared aero port 24 inches long. it will put you at 3.6 cubic foot gross with a 30hz tune. Also wouldn't hurt to look at some different Amps. getting a bad azz sub and that amp... well it's up to you jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Joe X Posted July 12, 2014 Report Posted July 12, 2014 Hey guys as soon as my old system is sold I'm going to order a Sundown X12 & Alpine PDX-M12. Not sure whether to wire the sub to 2 ohm or 4 ohm as the M12 puts out 1200w on both 2/4 ohm. Anyways I'm trying to design a box and really can't find any recommendations for a box for this sub. - It'll be going in a 2000 F150 extended cab, sitting on the rear seat Max dem: Height: 16 Width: 35 Depth: 18 So far I've gathered (but could be completely wrong) - 16 sq inches of port/cubic foot - Should be 2 cu ft - 3 cu ft - tuned to 30-32hz Not really sure what to do, this'll be my first box. I believe I'm fairly capable with woodworking so that shouldn't be an issue. I have and am experimenting with Torres but can't really get anything to "work" here's an example: http://i.imgur.com/CYHzKfK.png Not sure if I have the correct volume/port area ect... Please help! I'm really looking forward to this project and should be a fun learning experience! If you have those 40/60 rear seats I would likely recommend a box like the one timc31610 has done.
Syphlyn Posted July 12, 2014 Author Report Posted July 12, 2014 Hey guys as soon as my old system is sold I'm going to order a Sundown X12 & Alpine PDX-M12. Not sure whether to wire the sub to 2 ohm or 4 ohm as the M12 puts out 1200w on both 2/4 ohm. Anyways I'm trying to design a box and really can't find any recommendations for a box for this sub. - It'll be going in a 2000 F150 extended cab, sitting on the rear seat Max dem: Height: 16 Width: 35 Depth: 18 So far I've gathered (but could be completely wrong) - 16 sq inches of port/cubic foot - Should be 2 cu ft - 3 cu ft - tuned to 30-32hz Not really sure what to do, this'll be my first box. I believe I'm fairly capable with woodworking so that shouldn't be an issue. I have and am experimenting with Torres but can't really get anything to "work" here's an example: http://i.imgur.com/CYHzKfK.png Not sure if I have the correct volume/port area ect... Please help! I'm really looking forward to this project and should be a fun learning experience! If you have those 40/60 rear seats I would likely recommend a box like the one timc31610 has done. 40/60? Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8 H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898 Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers 4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4 Sub: Sundown Zv4 12 Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs
Syphlyn Posted July 12, 2014 Author Report Posted July 12, 2014 Like this: Yeah I have those! Also feel free to suggest other amps, not 100% set on this one. Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8 H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898 Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers 4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4 Sub: Sundown Zv4 12 Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs
timc31610 Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 I definitely wouldn't sit a box on the rear seat, you will get much better output with it sitting solidly on the floor. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.