Sundown Audio

Ugh my 3500v2

Jeep03

I dont think amazon is a authorized dealer but maybe they are. Makes me want to get some fans for mine. I have 2 I just picked up

05 dodge magnum rt

DEH-80PRS

Rockford fosgate T600.4

st200 tweeters

Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 v2's

2 Saz-3500v2- Toolmaker dual 1/0 inputs

2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1

1/0 Sky High Power wire OFC

3 XS D3100- Toolmaker battery terminals

Mechman 320 Amp Alt

Smd Voltmeter

KnuKoncept 1/0 OFC

Well the way Amazon works is its just like a 3rd party. It just kinds advertises the prices with deals and what have you not. But it came from WoofersEtc.

As stated here.

http://www.amazon.com/SAZ-3500D-V2-Sundown-Monoblock-Amplifier/dp/B00BMCRJUE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1405394016&sr=1-1&keywords=sundown+audio+3500

Yea tried calling they are only open from 8-5pm. Eastern time.

I live central time and work from 7-5:30pm.

Asked the chick if they were open everyday she replied "yes 8-5 everyday"

I said "cool I'll call you saturday then"

Replies, "no we are closed on the weekends"

what a dumb bitch. fml.

yeah woofersetc are kinda dumb.. i got a sax 200.4 from them 2 years ago.. i asked if i picked up the amp would they give me a discount they replied with no.. so i purchased it and they wanted me to pick it up.. i told them if they would have given me a deal i would have been happy to do so but since they wanted to be dicks now you have to pay to get my amp shipped. lol fuckers waited 2 days so i would pick it up. then i forced them to ship it

You have to go to sundown website and fill out a RMA form. I had a problem with my saz-3500v2 the first day I got it. I emailed ssa and they told me to email sundown. I emailed them and then was told to fill out a RMA thats on their site. Then they get back to you. To save you trouble and phone calls fill out the RMA on their website and dont even go theough woofsec because they will say the same thing. Have to contact susundown.

05 dodge magnum rt

DEH-80PRS

Rockford fosgate T600.4

st200 tweeters

Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 v2's

2 Saz-3500v2- Toolmaker dual 1/0 inputs

2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1

1/0 Sky High Power wire OFC

3 XS D3100- Toolmaker battery terminals

Mechman 320 Amp Alt

Smd Voltmeter

KnuKoncept 1/0 OFC

your issue is the protection circuit.

1) fill out an rma at sundown of which if the amp is still under warranty then you will have nothing to worry about

or

2) if amp is out of warranty they will end up having you send the amp to db-r.com to get repaired.

Thanks,

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

It probably did overheat. Already looking into building a small box with a bunch of tiny fans to help with the cooling that willl sit under the seat with it. Thanks for all the info guys.

I went ahead and emailed them hope to hear from them soon.

Will try to keep everyone updated.

• 2 weeks later...

professor-farnsworth.jpg

So my amp finally made it to North Carolina all the way from texas. I went ahead and sent it in last Monday and it arrived today. I believe Brandon Sparks was the one that contacted me about my amp.

He said he was going to go ahead and warranty it! Woot.

But the problem is he no longer has any 3500 V2's in stock. SO he gave me two options.

Option A: Send it down to texas where they have a repair shop. That will repair my amp free of charge and it will be sent to me in 3-5 weeks.

Option B: Pay $80 and get the new SCV-4000D that is coming out in two more weeks.

I like option B but I dont have much information on except the fact that it cost's $1049 when I payed 1099 for mine.

I kinda feel like im getting jew'd here on the price and they are tying to sneek in the shipping charge as that is a ~$50 difference. I told him I would call him back tomorrow since I was at work at the time.

What should I do here? Need some input on this decision.

I don't even know even these Two x-12's would be okay on rougly 2k a piece 0.o

Edit: Here is all the info i can get on the new SCV line (Sundown Capped Voltage)

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/sundown-audio-scv-4000d-4000w-mono-block-amplifier.html

2K is pushing it on that sub, if you're smart you might get away with it. If you have good voltage, I can see it being an issue with all that power, if you're not rising enough.

On a side note, you $1100 on that amp new? That blows my mind a bit.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I run two batteries a Kinetic 2400 in the back and a 1200 in the front. I dont have any votage issues with the 3500. I never seen belo 13.2 volts. Im usually at 14-14.6 volts daily on stock alt.

I mean I can always buy 2 z4's and call it day too. I'm just curious how much these x-12's can handle now lol.

Link for my 3500.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BMCRJUE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Archived