Jump to content

Component Suggestions On $400 Budget


B-Large

Recommended Posts

Posted

Bid and win these bad boys. Exactly what you are looking for except that they are 2 Ohm vs 4 Ohm. They will probably sell for about $110-$135 plus shipping. Since you're running active, you will not need a crossover. This guy has 100% feedback, and it's covererd by Ebay/Paypal protection. So do not worry.

My Eclipse SC8264 components in my Bimmer were free thanks to Ebay. The guy sent them and one of the motors shifted. I was able to tap it back into place. He also sent me Polk DB tweeter mounts with the Eclipse Tweeters and Polk Audio 6.5 grills with obviously did not fit. lol. I chewed him out and he refunded my $$ and he let me keep the tweets and Mids. I made pods and glued the tweets to the stock tweet housing. Can't beat free. And best of all, these speakers are TOTALLY SQ QUALITY. Very happy with the sound. Powered by an Old School PPI 200ix 100W x 2 @ 4 Ohm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CX62-V-2-IMAGE-DYNAMICS-6-5-CAR-AUDIO-2-OHM-MID-BASS-DRIVERS-TWEETERS-125W-/131280128003?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item1e90e7c803

So I will suggest Eclipse....their older stuff. To prove my point......I just purchased more of their older stuff for my next build.

I just purchased a set of 8062, woofers/x-overs, and 0.75" angled housing tweets for $67.00 shipped!

_578_zps952aee7d.jpg

I wanted a double pods set up. so yesterday I picked up these for $80.00 shipped!

_577_zps26971de2.jpg

The second pair did not come with the tweeters,and I lost a Buy it Now for some Eclipse SC tweeters for $50.00 (damn it!) but some should becoming up soon since Xmas is coming around. So I have 4 SQ 6.5 mids, and 1 set of tweeters for $147.00. Perfect for SQ double pod front stage/SPL if needed. Brand new they would have cost $399.99 a piece back in 2000-2002! So even if I spend $50-$75 on tweeters I'm still ahead of the game.

I would also suggest Older School Diamond Audio! S6.0m midranges. New with 3way X-overs they cost $249.00 Now discontinued. The woofers are the only good thing here. I as considering these, but luckily found the extra 8062's. If you buy these, same protection applies to the mids. So for $60.00, you have now $340 worth of room to buy tweeters of your choice, as well as dynamat! Something to consider!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191307264721?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Found these comments about the component series.

** used to have the hex 3 ways and loved them!!! Really great set of components, I don't need them but I want them!! I will be considering, especially considering they are the silk tweets

**That set bering back memories. First set of components I ever bought but I replaced them with Focal Utopies, which really did not sound much better. This is a good price for those speakers.

Buy used!

Just my .02 cents.

-Frank

Posted

Again OP, if you are still looking for some speakers, go listen for yourself. Don't go by what someone else is telling you sounds good.

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Posted

Ended up going to a local shop and completely blew my budget. I got excellent customer service and a demo of one of the employees personal cars with hertz hsk 165xl running active . Negotiated a bit and left feling like I got a deal after nearly doubling my budget on the XL's. Lol.

Posted

Yep, car audio can become an addictive drug if you let it. LOL

Hope you enjoy your new setup.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 899 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...