B-Large Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 I need a component set (6.5") for the front stage of my 2006 Passat, I have no plans for a rear stage at this time. I'm looking for sound quality over loudness and do not like harsh tweeters. Head unit is a Pioneer 80-prs and i want to use the passive crossovers at least to start out. I will be powering them on one of three amps i already own. Amps choices are: Alpine pdx 150.4 = 150 rms @ 2 or 4 ohm Alpine pdx 100.4 = 100 rms @ 2 or 4 ohm Old school Xtant 202m = 50 rms @ 4 or 100 rms @2 ohm I currently have my eye on the Image Dynamics CXS64 V2 components set but would love to hear other suggestions. I would like to be around $400 including shipping/tax.
MrSkippyJ Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 best thing to do is go listen to them yourself. There is no way someone else can tell you what your ears like to hear. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
bighossf150 Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 Hertz hsk165's Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
B-Large Posted July 13, 2014 Author Report Posted July 13, 2014 best thing to do is go listen to them yourself. There is no way someone else can tell you what your ears like to hear. I don't think there are any dealers of Image Dynamics near me unfortunately. Or any dealers on non main stream brands here in Columbus Oh as far as I know.
B-Large Posted July 13, 2014 Author Report Posted July 13, 2014 Hertz hsk165's Hertz' are one of the few i have actually heard i just Have concerns of receiving counterfeit product over the internet with that brand and locally they are out of my budget.
MrSkippyJ Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 go to shows and listen to some SQ cars then. Like I said, nobody here can tell you what you like to hear, no matter how much they like the speakers themselves. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
B-Large Posted July 13, 2014 Author Report Posted July 13, 2014 go to shows and listen to some SQ cars then. Like I said, nobody here can tell you what you like to hear, no matter how much they like the speakers themselves. Right on. I checked the show section and there is one near me coming up soon so it might be worth the wait to hear a few different brands.
Robert8252 Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 If you have a decent local shop you could probably get a set of Hi energy comps for very close to $400. I forget MSRP on those but know it's around 5 bills. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
Bg09 Posted August 31, 2014 Report Posted August 31, 2014 Although not very popular, and you don't see very many threads on them, jbl makes some of the best component speakers out there. Opinions are like bootholes everyone has one, but for $200 that sounds like you paid $600 I personally don't think you'd ever be disappointed with a set of jbl gto609c.. I've spent a whole lot more and got a whole lot less..
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.