SSadam Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 Googled around, and can't seem to find where anyone has done this. I like everything to be hidden. My idea is to build a ported box, with subs up, and port back. I want to extend the outer parts of the box up an extra 5 inches or so, and then build a flush mounted frame to hold the grill cloth. I figure through my tinted windows that shouldn't look like much. Has anyone ever done this? Would It cause me any problems?
hdorre Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 You mean kinda like what Steve did in his Lexus on the doors? Just on a bigger scale? Im guessing you have an SUV, eh? Darker tint.. and dont forget the sun strip On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
SSadam Posted July 13, 2014 Author Report Posted July 13, 2014 I haven't seen the Lexus, but yea, I have a Trailblazer SS with the factory 20% on the back. I want to hide 2 15's as best I can. I have a 95 3000GT as well! lol
_paralyzed_ Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 Just do it. You don't need 5 inches, unless that's what you want, right above the subs is fine. Every house speaker ever has grill cloth right over the woofers.
gckless Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 Will work fine man. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. PE has some nice grill cloth. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Robert8252 Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 Sonic has bags of most colors. I think 3 yards or something for $10. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
Soccerballzs Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 Local fabric stores have it also. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
SSadam Posted July 13, 2014 Author Report Posted July 13, 2014 Alrighty, sounds like that's the plan then. Thanks everyone!
hdorre Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 I have a 95 3000GT as well! lolWell.. can I PLEASE have pics? Whats done to it? On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
SSadam Posted July 14, 2014 Author Report Posted July 14, 2014 Audio is stock except for mtx components up front. 9b TT conversion, S-afc, walbro 255, 3 inch exhaust, 575 hood, veilside wing, UP short shifter, and there are probably a few things I'm forgetting... lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.