L!V!U Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 Hi mates,this is my first post on this amazing forum. I plan to get an amplifier for 4 Digital Designs V0-B2 tweeters,but I am uncertain with what power to put on it.On Digital Desings site is written the power handling 50W/150W for these tweeters.The amplifier wich I chose is a SPL Dynamics ICE 150.4 wich put out 140W on 4ohms.I worried about this power because for me looks too much this thing is happening because I don't know almost nothing about high's/mid's.Until now i had only stock front/back speakers/tweeters and one pair of hertz front speakers.So this is my first true car audio btw the car is a bmw e30 touring. If is a wrong choice please tell me as quick as you can because i plan to buy all stuff I need soon including these high's. Thank for all support and answers and sorry for my bad english. tweeters: http://www.ddaudio.com/products/mobile-audio/mids-highs/tweeters/vo-b2 amplifier: http://www.spldynamics.fi/products/amplifiers/ICE-series/ice-150_4-e.html
SnowDrifter Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 That's a lot of tweeter Do you have crossovers for the tweeters? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
L!V!U Posted July 13, 2014 Author Report Posted July 13, 2014 Do you have crossovers for the tweeters? No,I don't have.I wanna mean I don't look for the crossovers till now,I know I should do but ...
OrionStang Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 You're gonna need something. That amp only goes up to 750hz HP, and those tweets probably won't like anything under 3khz. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
hispls Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 No midrange? Perhaps you should take a step back and tell us what you're trying to accomplish, the vehicle, and what else you have for equipment. Power handling is largely dependent on crossover frequency for mids and highs, but still 150W is a LOT of power and you can easily break stuff if you're not careful.
L!V!U Posted July 14, 2014 Author Report Posted July 14, 2014 Aaaaaahhh...what a noob I am.I forgot to look at the frequency of the amplifier. Whell..the things looks like that: For midrange I plan to buy 2xDD VO-W12 and 2xDD VO-M8.I know maybe is to much power for the high's i mean 4xtweets but I think about future when I'll do an upgrade at the bass line and I don't want to change again the whole system. I know for this moment 2 tweeters is enough for my 2 SPL Dynamics XTR-380D2 running on SPL Dynamics ICE3500D at 0.5 The amplifiers for the midranges I looked for SPL Dyamics S-4002 wich I think is good. However I will start with 2xV0-W12 and 2xVO-B2. What you guys recomand to amplified those tweets? The car is under construction right now is all disassembled I prepare for soundproofing and other things wich should be done. Thanks guys again.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.