'99 Sierra, Project Dumped Daily

Preface: Full-time college student so this truck will probably only make progress during the summer when I'm working and making $$$.

Okay, so I have had nothing but custom vehicles since my first truck. I was sick to death of dealing with other peoples custom work because too many people half ass their projects. I put the word out in my area that I was looking to trade for a bone stock silverado because I decided I wanted a full size truck rather than a turbo ricer, a friend ended up finding a Sierra with nothing done to it except a Flowmaster exhaust and a roll pan, which I am more than happy with. I'm finally going to build my own truck from the ground up! Well, not by myself, but it will be my own vision and not somebody elses.

So what's the current situation?

UTbafBi.jpg

The first day I got it-

CjY8oQM.jpg

(tailgate has since been debadged)

How it currently sits- needs a new front valence badly, gotta make time to go to a junk yard or somethingOhLCldh.jpg

On to my plans! First things first is audio!

This is a bit of a budget build, I picked up a new CT Sounds Strato 18" V1 on the cheap. I also got a good deal on an Audiopipe 4 channel amp from hdorre. I'll be using a newish Hifonics sub amp (I know I know) that I already had laying around. Undecided on components at the moment but there will be a pair in each door.

oXPRqVg.jpg

Not too shabby!

Going to have to remove the backseat to squeeze in the ~8 cube box tuned to 30hz.

So what's after the audio? Well, a laundry list of things, but first a 5/7 drop! Going to grab a mcgaughys drop kit as soon as I can, I've never cut into a frame before so that should be interesting.

After the drop, I want to paint it pearl white and put some replica chevy 22"s or 24"s on it. That will probably be next summer though because that's a decent amount of cash. In the meantime, I'm going to be working on smaller things like clearing the headlights, getting a valence, shaving the tailgate, and whatever else I decide to tackle on this truck.

http://www.youtube.com/mrgeo20
-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

-'99 Sierra, under construction

Sounds like a great build in the works!! Looking forward to it!!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Updates incoming! System is installed! A local stereo shop built the box and did the door pod work so I don't have pics of the install process. I think it came out awesome! Ended up going with incriminator components but they are heavily back ordered so I've got some coaxials as place holders for the time being.

upi3rn9.jpg

bad ass pods!

fRPSDGJ.jpg

ort0y1.jpg

run of the mill pioneer bluetooth headunit, looks good for a budget option

k1c48l.jpg

332mrcx.jpg

the big ass 8 cube box tuned to 30hz, ported on drivers side

i4h92a.jpg

They also did the Big 3, but I didn't take any pics of it.

-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

They did a real good job on the pods

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Its been so long since I've seen the floor in the back of a full size chevy truck on here. Everyone that I recall is walled.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Those pods are sick

They did a real good job on the pods

Thanks! I agree, I really like them.

Its been so long since I've seen the floor in the back of a full size chevy truck on here. Everyone that I recall is walled.

I'm sure I'll want to wall it when I'm ready to upgrade! Too many other things on the to-do list currently to get batteries, amps, and more subs.

-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

• 4 weeks later...

'bout time for some updates! front right wheel bearing went out so I had to change the hub, ended up changing both front hubs while I was at it. getting those to separate from the truck was a bitch and a half!!!

TNsghrn.jpg

Dad got some new rims on his 2013 Sierra so I got his stock 18"s on the cheap! Truck needed new tires anyway so this will hold me over until I'm ready to drop it, which will likely be Christmas break because I'm leaving for school next week.

uYLE2Vj.jpg

tcozJPB.jpg?1

-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

• 3 weeks later...

Installed new headlight and turn signal housings along with 10000K HID low beams and LED turners and DRLs-
rnz4kQ1.jpg

Rj8pxFI.jpg

sfR6uG6.jpg

This is a pic of my Uncle's Silverado (lowered 3 inches) sitting behind my truck that has the stance of a damn 4x4. I can't wait to slam my truck!

saqUc72.jpg

-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

Archived