brent379 Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 So I'm slowly making some changes to my subie and I've been looking into infinite baffle but I don't know how I feel about it. Some people love it...Some don't. I currently am running a series tuned 6th for a type r 12. Picked up the type r a LONG time ago for 40$ and it sat in my garage for about a year. Decided to finally try a 6th order and I figured if it didn't come out good and I blew the woofer..o well no big deal. Well it actually came out pretty decent and even tho there are a few things I would like to change I love how "aggressive" the 6th can be! I want to rebuild it but I am very very limited on space...working with about 4-4.5 cubes gross internal volume with no displacements. So it makes it very hard lol. Was thinking about trying to incorporate a passive radiator for the rear chamber but it's still a pain in the ass space wise. So I've been researching infinite baffle. With Rough measurements in the trunk I should be able to squeeze two 15s onto a baffle and be able to seal it off pretty easy. My main concern is what the output is like when running infinite baffle. Does anybody have experience...either good or bad with running ib?? Still get good output?? Any do"s or don'ts lol. I want to try it but I really hate to blow 4-600 on woofers for this and not be happy with it.
Sutliff Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 Check out what I did ... Build Log below in my Sig. Audio Build Log:http://www.stevemead...-build-ib-build Zeke '14 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/ Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build Pioneer FH-P8000BT Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC) RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP MechMan S Series 240A XS Power D3400 & D975
brent379 Posted July 14, 2014 Author Report Posted July 14, 2014 Know what's funny...I was talking to a guy on Facebook and he mentioned infinite baffle then have me the YouTube link to your video and that's what spiked my interest in ib!!! Job well done sir! I would have to do mine different because I have no speakers in my rear deck so they would have to have the rear seats. Not worried about it all my seats fold down. How does your set up do on the lows? And kiss I'm talking 30-35 and lower?
Aj11 Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 I'm tuned in for the ib build! ive always wanted one! but if you have 4.5 cubes why not go with 2 bad azz 10s in a 6th? 2 really good tens like the ct meso on 4,000w in a 6th would be the tits! jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
brent379 Posted July 14, 2014 Author Report Posted July 14, 2014 See i have thought about that! But to get the lows that I want and am going for...a good ten that will dig low needs about 1.2-1.5 on the rear chamber. Right now I got 1.27 rear chamber for the type r and you can tell on some songs it's just not big enough. Nite I have thought about 2 good 8"s!!!! I could make that work and everything would be right and they could breath....but I don't want to ask to much out of a little woofer. I don't think they would like playing under 30hz
MrSkippyJ Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 my 8s play just fine down to about 27, tuned to around 32. They are subwoofers, if they can't play low the box is wrong or you have trash speakers. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
brent379 Posted July 14, 2014 Author Report Posted July 14, 2014 What 8s are you running and on what kind of power
Aj11 Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 my 8s play just fine down to about 27, tuned to around 32. They are subwoofers, if they can't play low the box is wrong or you have trash speakers. THANK YOU! I'm so sick of people saying 8s don't get low! or 15s sound like Crap! I'm not saying don't do a ib because i think there great! but don't think you can't put 2 10s or 4 8s in a 6th and slam those lows! i think 4 8s in a 6th whwould be a pretty damn cool thing to Do. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
MrSkippyJ Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 What 8s are you running and on what kind of power Sundown sa8v2s on a rf t1500bdcp. my 8s play just fine down to about 27, tuned to around 32. They are subwoofers, if they can't play low the box is wrong or you have trash speakers. THANK YOU! I'm so sick of people saying 8s don't get low! or 15s sound like Crap! I'm not saying don't do a ib because i think there great! but don't think you can't put 2 10s or 4 8s in a 6th and slam those lows! i think 4 8s in a 6th whwould be a pretty damn cool thing to Do. It's a lot of assumptions and old myths. People compare one 8 to one 18. Of course the 18 is going to play louder down lower, it's going to play louder at all frequencies. It's a LOT more cone area. But the truth of the matter is both are subwoofers, but should be able to play similar frequencies. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
brent379 Posted July 14, 2014 Author Report Posted July 14, 2014 It wouldn't be 4 8s....only 2. I would love to fit 4 8s but don't have the room. Port displacement adds up QUICK. And I don't mean to underestimate 8s... but I've never got to hear any set up with 8s so I honestly have no idea what their potential could be lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.