HU cuts off

Alright guys, posting this up hoping someone has a easy answer before I start pulling crap. I've had the same system in my truck now for 3 yrs with zero problems.

Problem- While driving today I noticed my headunit would lose power literally for a split second. Just enough time for the power to go off and come right back on. It's been one of those days so my brain probably isn;t thinking to straight. So before I start ripping shit out tomorrow, I figured someone might have a quick answer.

truthsayer

The only two thigs I can think of is a lose connection in the wiring harness or something in the HU itself. Sadly both those involve pulling stuff out.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Nothing new has been added. One thing I thought of that could be a possibility. It was about 100 degrees out, truck was sitting outside, inside truck felt like 120 plus.

Also when the Ac quit last year due to a leak somewhere, so I never fixed it, because I only used it when I had passengers.

So I am wondering if the head unit could have just been to hot. Today it's pretty nice outside, so I will see how it acts today.

truthsayer

No. it's not a fold down. And when it started happening yesterday, the face plate was my first thought. So I popped it out and reinserted, Still was doing it.

truthsayer

Well I took the truck out for about an hour doing some country road driving. Turned on lights, fan blower and cranked up the radio. Try pulling as much current as possible, to see if the problem would happen again. Hit all the rough roads to check for a possible loose or bad connection.

Well, no problem, radio played fine, never shut off once. So all I can conclude is, the heat must have caused the problem. Since it was like a 100 degrees out, truck sitting out in the sun, black dash cover, and hotter than hell in the truck, the heat is the only conclusion I can come to.

So thanks for any inputs, I will wait to see if this ever happens again before pulling equipment.

truthsayer

what kind of radio do you have?

It seems I have to replace my entry level headunits every 3-4 years because they start to fail, especially at high volume

Archived