Sonic Electronix

Applying to car audio shop, what to know ?

What would be most important to ME?

Its not getting the job at THAT shop.. .... But getting the job at THE RIGHT shop.

One that can take you, and help your career, not lead it astray.

Trust me here......... Dont pick up bad habits. No way, no how in this shit.............

i got hired at a shop way back in the day,because my cousin already worked there and i ran all hifonics amps in my build.(back in 92 when they were great!) thought i was gonna be living the dream,but it actually sucked.people messing shit up trying to do it themselves then bringing it to the shop so you could fix it. mostly head units and door speakers or just running wires for the master installer.but if you really like this line of work go all out,but if they don't hire you off of your experience and knowledge alone,they probably aint worth working for anyway.education without experience = superficial!

I don't have any tips, but good luck man!

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

id NEVER do it..

fuck, you put a remote start in, and they get a flat tire? its your fault. Fuck that

i had a guy buy a piece of crap eq from radio shack, and he wanted me to install it in his brand new bmw to boost his factory speakers! 1st day on the job,nothing but shit like this every day after. i quit !

Haha well I went in after work and got to go in and talk to the owner and check out the shop and got the usual run down of experience and what all I could do even tho he's seen most of my

Builds and he told me they do need help around the shop he said I could come in after work before quitting my job and work on the shop a couple hours a day and learn how a shops ran and how the workflows managed and decide if it's something I want to stick to as a job or just keep as a hobby, oh and of course I had to give him a demo of my truck before I left lol 5948BE8B-F14C-4D65-B632-E07ADA8D71EB_zps

D89044D0-6A61-4DD4-9740-771FCB2C0BCE_zps

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

i feel like if i could get at one of the local Shops here i could get more of a bass scene back over here. All they sell is over priced jl and really crappy kicker cerwin Vega stuff. they don't seem to know about dx, sundown, ct sounds, c2, tantric... pretty much anything worth buying they don't know about or carry!

oh and they just push prefabs! all atrend one size fits all prefab!

i asked prolly 4 years ago how much to build a 4ft box for 3 10s and it was almost $500 i laughed in his face!

they need me, they just don't know it yet!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

This shop I went to they sell mostly rockford and memphis and a slew of prefabs but hey if every customers buying prefabs that makes work a lot easier lol id like the basshead scene to grow more around here also instead of just once or twice a month seeing people at shows lol

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

id NEVER do it..

fuck, you put a remote start in, and they get a flat tire? its your fault. Fuck that

Welcome to my world.... "It wasnt doing that before it came in"

Me: Mam while your car was here the battery died and needs a new one.

Lady: What the battery was fine when I took it in.

Me: By the date that is on the battery its over 5yrs old and its over 100* out this summer.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Archived