3 way crossover

I currently have a set up in my front of a pair of CDT 06+ woofers, CDT 2" mids and a pair of 1" tweets in pillars. I have them on a CDT crossover that is set up for a mid woofer set and 2 tweeter sets. I was told a 3 way crossover would change sound bigtime and improve it bigtime. I am on a budget now bigtime too! Would this crossover work good or is it crap, I am not too smart about crossovers and exactly what make it good or not or do they all sound the same generally? Any way this is what I am looking at for a 3 way, it is the Audiopipe CRX 303

No the crossover I have now was from a different set. But how will it affect sound? Is it just quality of parts that seperate crossovers or actual sound? When you say it won't do my CDT justice what do you mean? I saw that the crossover points seemed good but is that all I should look at? The crossover I have now is the 100xi I think? It's meant for 2 sets of tweets and woofer not for a 3 way setup

CDT as with any company develpoes spreakers to certain spec and if they supply passive crossover with there speaker sets then they have designed them to work best with that set of speakers. If you try using another brand crossover you probly wont get the best sound out of the speaker as it was original designed for.

Can you use others crossover? Yes Now should you? Probly not if your wanting the best sound out of your speakers and system. Good luck to you and i hope this was helpfull.

What I'm trying to get at is a passive crossover job is to cut off frequency and it does not effect quality of music other than frequency ?

the crossover dictates what frequency range and slope each individual speaker will receive. if the crossover is not designed to the spec's of the speakers it will effect sound quality and has the potential to harm the speakers.

that being said we will need to know the exact speakers you have to make a choice of crossover that will work with them properly. the 2" mid that you originally mentioned is throwing me off. are you sure it's not a more traditional 3"-4"???

Archived