Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Wall questions/observations


FCS530

Recommended Posts

Posted

We aren't all as good as you kyle......

daaaaaaaaaaa... this guy.

I fiber glassed my inner wall section to the wheel well. My roof layers are basically welded (PL glued, screwed, and foamed) to the roof.

Floor the same.

sides are matted, mudded, and fiber glassed to the pillars.

Building a box, then adding a beauty panel, and calling it a wall ive seen before.

( i was like? .. uhh that is no way a "wall")

To me, there are some differences.......

Damn.... So I don't have a wall in my truck?

IMG_20140123_134919_zps257d1d9b.jpg

LOL, obviously, that, is a wall. LOlololol

Ive seen some silly silly shit. Like 2 prefab boxes, stacked on each other, called a wall. That was what i was getting at....... lol..

Posted

im all for building it in the car/apart of the car for strength, but yes if its easier for you then build it outside the car and slide it in. In bigger trucks/vans its doable to build outside but in my sedan it had to be built in the car which is a pain in the arseee

Posted

I was more referencing the ones that I have seen that are just a box with "beauty panels" butted up the the trim, windows and headliner. I see how a sealed off baffle with a box slid up to it gets the same job done for sure. This discussion has actually altered my plans a bit. I think I can build the box in 2 pieces (top and bottom) on the outside and install the halves on top of each other in the vehicle. This should make it quite a bit easier and stronger because I can get to everything for screws and bracing. We will see how it goes in a few weeks when I decide to tear it down!

Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1)

2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4)

2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4)

2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2)

2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)

Posted

i built mine outside simply because i wanted an square box without all the angles, building an square wall inside the car had the same size than building it outside, not gonna like, i couldn´t sleep the night before when we were about to get it inside the car thinking it wouldn´t fit lol

7vo0.jpg

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Posted

Damn that box is huge! I have read through your build before, but I am always shocked when I see it again! Mine will be for "just" 2 18's. My problem right now is an appropriately sized box that gives me almost no usable space anywhere else. Once I wall it I should have tons of space!

Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1)

2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4)

2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4)

2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2)

2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)

Posted

Damn that box is huge! I have read through your build before, but I am always shocked when I see it again! Mine will be for "just" 2 18's. My problem right now is an appropriately sized box that gives me almost no usable space anywhere else. Once I wall it I should have tons of space!

yeah she´s big for sure, yeah walls are more confortable since they leave you tons of room for groseries, amps, batts, cooler, etc etc lol

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3123 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...