FCS530 Posted July 16, 2014 Report Posted July 16, 2014 I've been seeing lots of walls that seem to be no more than a large box with trim panels to cover the outside gaps. I saw something at one time this was called a "false wall". Is this really good enough? Doesn't sealing the baffle from any possible air leaks a better way to go? The reason I ask is that I am strongly considering walling my blazer. I was planning on building the box inside so that it very much contours the inside of the vehicle, along with attaching it to metal in several locations. Also planning on cutting the trim, panels and headliner in order to seal the baffle straight to metal. Is this overkill? Opinions? Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing! 2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1) 2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4) 2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4) 2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2) 2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)
ToNasty Posted July 16, 2014 Report Posted July 16, 2014 its pretty much it, im ny opinion its just a big box with filler panels to seal it ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
n8ball2013 Posted July 16, 2014 Report Posted July 16, 2014 My wall was partially built outside and partially built inside. But you are correct. It really is just a big box with trim panels. If you think about it all walls really are. Some are just more permanent in the vehicle. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
tacomaguy1 Posted July 16, 2014 Report Posted July 16, 2014 Hard to build the side of a wall curved to the edge of the vehicle Much easier to do a square shaped wall then add trim panels to seal off around Team Flex Issues
Kyblack76 Posted July 16, 2014 Report Posted July 16, 2014 I fiber glassed my inner wall section to the wheel well. My roof layers are basically welded (PL glued, screwed, and foamed) to the roof. Floor the same. sides are matted, mudded, and fiber glassed to the pillars. Building a box, then adding a beauty panel, and calling it a wall ive seen before. ( i was like? .. uhh that is no way a "wall") To me, there are some differences....... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
FCS530 Posted July 17, 2014 Author Report Posted July 17, 2014 I just see a lot of potential for loss with the "beauty panels". It looks much easier, which is usually my way, but my ultimate goal is to get at least some cargo space back. I would like to be able to haul my chairs, ez up and ice cheSt without needing a hitch platform or trailer. The more I can contour it, the less box depth I will need of get the right volume. Also wanting to eliminate all of the hatch rattles/flex. The only way I see that happening is to completely seal it off. I guess overkill it is! Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing! 2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1) 2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4) 2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4) 2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2) 2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)
Jessica Posted July 17, 2014 Report Posted July 17, 2014 We aren't all as good as you kyle...... Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
bighossf150 Posted July 17, 2014 Report Posted July 17, 2014 I fiber glassed my inner wall section to the wheel well. My roof layers are basically welded (PL glued, screwed, and foamed) to the roof. Floor the same. sides are matted, mudded, and fiber glassed to the pillars. Building a box, then adding a beauty panel, and calling it a wall ive seen before. ( i was like? .. uhh that is no way a "wall") To me, there are some differences....... Damn.... So I don't have a wall in my truck? Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
Popwarhomie Posted July 17, 2014 Report Posted July 17, 2014 Thats how I did my last wall. Build 80% outside the car and the double baffle and trim pieces inside the car. The one I'm working on now won't be that easy and ill have to build most of it in the car. 2010 Focus coupe- 8 12" wall. 157.5@46hz 2016 Focus ST - SQ build.
fecupe2001 Posted July 17, 2014 Report Posted July 17, 2014 My wall was built outside and slided in, it´s a 55 c/f box for 8 15s lol, trim panels helped TONS, you can see all the pics and testing on my buildlog if you want I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.